Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how are you a whale and your kid is skinny?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

I had someone say this to me today while getting my ds a treat for being good at school all last month. Now I'm not a house or anything like that but I do have a belly, I'm tall and have wide shoulders and hips though and my weight is distributed evenly I guess I could say except for my belly. So anyway, went to the habit because thats what ds wanted. Had ds get his soda while I went to the bathroom and I told him to go sit outside at the table by the window. So I come out and there's firefighters next to him and then businessmen behind him. I walk out to the patio and all the businessmen just stare at me. Don't know if they all dared this guy but the youngest guy in the group turn around in his chair and asks what I put in the title. I smiled and subtly flipped him off by pushing up my glasses.

I know I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it does. I was emotionally abused my entire young life to the point I was anorexic, 100 pounds at 5'7 with a size 10 frame, I looked like a corpse. I put all that behind me when I got pregnant with my ds. But the anorexia screwing up my body plus the muscles in my stomach became separated so I look like I have a big belly and it's hard to lose weight no matter what "restart" diet I try to try and restart my metabolism.

so yeah kinda put a damper on the day. I was actually feeling ok for once.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:33 PM
That's horrible.
nassivera
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:39 PM
People suck :( Iā€™m sorry you were hurt.
ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:39 PM

Just an inadequate feeling person, trying to look macho for his buddies. A real man wouldn't need to insult a woman to make himself feel better. Water off a duck's back, mama. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:41 PM

i'm trying to let it go but now i just keep looking in the mirror and seeing everything i hated again.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Just an inadequate feeling person, trying to look macho for his buddies. A real man wouldn't need to insult a woman to make himself feel better. Water off a duck's back, mama. 

ShesSoUnusual
by Cat on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Because of one asshole? Now you're just letting him have power over you. Don't let him rent space in your head. Evict that fucker. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

i'm trying to let it go but now i just keep looking in the mirror and seeing everything i hated again.

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

shell3m
by Shell on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:43 PM
Don't let them win by beating yourself up. Miserable people can't wait to spread the negativity. Don't let them win. You're fine.
cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:46 PM

Wow I don't even know what I would have said. Just know that the whole group of them were assholes and complete inhumans. Those words reflect on them not you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:46 PM

it's a body dysmorphic issue. 

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Because of one asshole? Now you're just letting him have power over you. Don't let him rent space in your head. Evict that fucker. 

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

onethentwins
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:48 PM

I'm sorry that happened to you. 

cali_gurl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 6:48 PM

Stop. Think of how your body created your son. My belly is bad due to c section and weighing more now. I still thank my body for being healthy and creating my son. Also perhaps assholes are seeing you as an easy target. Practice your resting bitch face. LOL

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting ShesSoUnusual:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)