Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Someone explain this line of thinking for me please?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:52 PM
  • 234 Replies

Ok, so I am not saying anyone who feels this way is wrong, or they shouldn't feel that way or have this preference or whatever. I just don't understand it.  

Why will some people refuse to date trans people? 

If someone was born female, and transitioned to a male, even if they ended up looking like the manliest son of a bi**h on the planet, why would their potential partners be turned off by the fact that, when this person was an infant and long before they met said potential partner, they had a vag and not a pallus?  

I can't even think of something to compare this kind of preference to in order to express my own feelings on it... frankly I don't think what a person's body USED to look like should have any bearing on the current relationship. I guess it would be kind of like finding out my partner used to be 800lbs or something.... that isn't going to make me not want to be with them because that isn't who they are or what they look like now. 

Like i said at the beginning of the post - I am not saying anyone with these preferences is wrong. Everyone has a right to their preferences. I just wish I understood WHY this is a preference. 

I can understand not wanting to date pre-op or pre-transition trans people. For some it's just the same as dating someone the same sex (because physically they still are).  Once that physical transition has happened though, they are no longer the sex they were assigned at birth. 

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this
For me, it would be about my desire to have a child without ivf or adoption
FarscapeMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:55 PM

ok, that is definitely a good reason to avoid sterile men. lol

Quoting peanutsmommy1: For me, it would be about my desire to have a child without ivf or adoption

ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:56 PM
10 moms liked this

Personal preferences.  Why do some people want to only date tall people?  People with blond hair?  A blue collar worker?  Personal preference.  

I like tall men, with dark hair, dark eyes who are blue collar workers.  I like men who have dirty jobs. I won't date a man who had a desk job.  It's not what I like.  It's my personal preference. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Dude who cares? Live your life and stfu about it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Because itโ€™s not the real thing.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

same reason some wouldn't date a blonde or a tall person or a person 

Preferences

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1: For me, it would be about my desire to have a child without ivf or adoption

This.  I want to date a man who can produce sperm.  A man may want to date a woman who produces eggs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:58 PM

Did she break up with you?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Children. And I like manly dudes. There is just no way I could find a woman now turned man attractive. And the crap Reedus said lol.
franciaanya
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 8:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Aside from still being in my child bearing years, it's just because I want a born male. Period. I only want to be with someone who is biologically a man. Not someone who feels like they are or transitioned to become to be one. Someone who came out of his mother's womb as one and since we can be as discriminatory with our preferences as we want then that's what it is. 

Would I vote in favor of trans rights? Yes. Do I believe they are entitle to live their lives as whatever gender they prefer? Yes. Would I allow my dating preferences to interfere with someone living their lives the way that they want to?  Hell no but that doesn't mean that I want to or have to date them. (Not) sorry but I am not interested in swapping stories about what it was like the first time we got our periods. 

As for my initial comment, I immediately lose interest in men who have been fixed. Hate it or love but again, it is what it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)