Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anniversary

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Call me crazy maybe I thought a 15 year Anniv would be worth celebrating. Well it is next month and gee maybe I thought that milestone would be worth a trip. My hubby keeps blowing it off. If it was important he'd figure something out. He is putting it off saying let me talk to my mom (to watch kids) well shit you've known for how long. Yoi couldn't have talked to her months ago? Forget it. Happy effing anniversary to me. I'll take a trip myself
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Episkey
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this
You could plan a trip just as easily as he can.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:37 PM
I said that is what I'm going to do. I'll go myself since he's acting like he doesn't want to

Quoting Episkey: You could plan a trip just as easily as he can.
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:37 PM

You have a month. I planned an anniversary trip for my husband and myself, made all arrangements, and booked everything in an hour. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I’m the planner in our relationship. I’d figure it out, give her a heads up and then book. Why does he have to plan it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:38 PM
Hope you figure it out. Maybe he is surprising you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this

For my 15 year anniversary I did not take a trip. Why is a trip necessary?

ilovemykids323
by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:42 PM

I'd just take hte lead on planning everything if he's not going to do it... we plan on going to hawaii for our 15th! Hope you guys get something figured out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:45 PM
I can understand your frustration. 15 years is important and it would’ve been nice for him to take initiative. We are going to Turks and Caicos this summer for our 15 yr anniversary. I kind of “encouraged” dh to be a part of the planning of this trip. I explained that it was for BOTH of us and i wanted his input and help. He willingly sat down and researched locations with me. Would he have done that on his own without me telling him how important it is to me? Possibly not. But he did and I’m thankful for it. Guys are just weird and have different priorities. Sorry you’re feelings are hurt!
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:53 PM

My dh has NEVER planned a trip.  I wouldn't even want him too.  

ZamilyMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:56 PM
I think she meant that you could have planned a trip for the two of you to take together, instead of expecting him to do it. Why do you assume it's the husband's job?

By the way, it's ridiculous to expect a trip for your 15th anniversary. You can celebrate it in other ways.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I said that is what I'm going to do. I'll go myself since he's acting like he doesn't want to
Quoting Episkey: You could plan a trip just as easily as he can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)