Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Canker sores....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 28 Replies

My mouth hurts. I have 3 j inside my lip by my gums. I have only got them once beforewhen I was young.

How do I make them go away, or at least get rid of the pain? This has been going on for a few days now.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BeautifulMomof1
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:37 PM
2 moms liked this
Rinse your mouth with warm salt water . .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:41 PM
Warm salt water and if they're extremely painful you can ask your Dr for a prescription for valtrex. It is a heroes sister so you can take it for shingles, cold and canker sores. There's a specific dosage for canker sores though.. so make sure to specify it's for canker sores and not genital heroes or shingles. It doesn't make t go say after, but it minimizes the symptoms.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:43 PM
I used to get them all the time as a child. My mom had some canker sore paste I would have to put on them. Really gross. So glad I've never had to deal with them as an adult. I don't know why I was so prone to them. My kids have never had one either.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Alum.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:53 PM

Salt water plus meticulous (but gentle) mouth hygeine.   Do not eat salty foods though for the next little bit.

I will use oil of oregano (sparingly) as well.   I love oil of oregano for all mouth and throat issues - but do read up on it.   It is strong stuff.   

I only get cankers when I am under the weather a bit.  It is typically a sign I need to take better care of myself.   Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 10:58 PM

my dh gets them when dehydrated so try drinking a lot of water until your stomach is sloshy.

Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:01 PM
They make this paste stuff called Orabase that works pretty well to get rid of pain. It’s mostly a waiting game for them to go away.
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:03 AM
Swish with salt water and then use Clove oil on a cotton ball.
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:04 AM

Quoting BeautifulMomof1: Rinse your mouth with warm salt water . .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)