Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of Larry Nassar's victims told her mom, but mom ignored it?!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

ETA: I'm not blaming mom for what happened to her daughter, I am blaming her for not taking action to pursue justice, and protect her daughter, and so many other girls that this monster had already hurt, and went on to hurt afterwards.

First of all, this is heart wrenching as fuck. I'm currently going through and reading every testimony by every girl so far in the trial (by the time it's over, 100+ victims will have told their stories of abuse by this monster), and after reading this one, I'm pretty flabbergasted:

DONNA MARKHAM, MOTHER OF CHELSEA MARKHAM

Donna Markham spoke on behalf of her daughter, who was adopted in 1985. When Chelsea was 10 years old, she fell off the beam and injured her back. The family was referred to Nassar, who lived on the other side of Michigan. Chelsea was 12 years old when she told her mother that Nassar assaulted her during a treatment even as Donna was in the room. Chelsea told her mother that he "put his fingers inside me and they weren't gloved. Mom, he hurt me." Donna told Chelsea's coach, who said he didn't think it was possible because he had known Nassar for years. Donna said that Chelsea never fully recovered from the abuse and got into drugs. Chelsea took her own life in March 2009 at the age of 23.

"Every day, I miss her," Donna Markham said. "I miss her. And it all started with him."

"This was not my fault, it was the fault of Larry Nassar," she added.

What the actual fuck??? First of all, he did this with mom in the room. Mom didn't notice whatsoever? Then mom takes the bare minimum of action, which doesn't even seem sensicle, and tells the coach. I'm sorry, no, that's fucked up. No wonder this poor girl's life was plagued by drug abuse and eventual suicide! Not only did she have to endure being sexually abused and violated by this sicko, she reached out to mom, the person who is supposed to protect her no matter what, and nothing was done about it.

I'm just floored. I just can't.

Source: https://www.si.com/olympics/2018/01/18/larry-nassar-sentencing-victims-abuse-stories-mckayla-maroney-statement-day-three

by on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
spear.mint
by Nightmare on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:25 PM

BUMP!

spear.mint
by Nightmare on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:26 PM

BUMP!

spear.mint

BUMP!

spear.mint

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:27 PM

I remember seeing something about this whole thing earlier and meant to go do more research. Thanks for the link. Horrible horrible man and horrible horrible mother imho.

ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:29 PM
I read that at least one of the moms was in the room with him during the "treatments."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:31 PM
No one cares anymore about this because there is so much of it everywhere a person turns around.

Stop bumping your thread just for pats on the back for putting it up yet again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:32 PM
What makes me angry is that Bela and Marta Karoli had to know about this. 140 victims? They had to know something!!
spear.mint
by Nightmare on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:32 PM

Part of me wonders if she knew and just turned a blind eye. It's an awful thought, but parents who are hungry for fame and exploiting their children have been known to do things like this.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I remember seeing something about this whole thing earlier and meant to go do more research. Thanks for the link. Horrible horrible man and horrible horrible mother imho.

spear.mint
by Nightmare on Jan. 18, 2018 at 11:33 PM

Wow!! I was just thinking about this. Like, she KNEW it was happening? She was a willing participant in allowing her daughter to be molested????

Quoting ShaMac: I read that at least one of the moms was in the room with him during the "treatments."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)