Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Meat, veggie, and carb.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
When I make meals I always try to have the meal consist of 25% meat, 50% veggie, and 25% carb or additional protein. Plus a family size salad thats fair game. (There is never leftover salad).

NOTE: this doesn't apply to casseroles but I try to limit those. I usually only make those when I have stuff to use up before it goes bad.

Anyway, I feel like im just recycling the same old meal combos and running out of new ideas. Help me out ladies. I need a list of meat options, carb sides, and new yummy veggies (my kids want broccoli **every.single.freaking.day.** and im convinced im about to turn into a tree lol).

And go!! I'm excited to see what you ladies love to serve!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:39 AM

Spicy Italian roast subs (meat & carb) with sweet potato wedges & roast green beans w/ bacon

bacon wrapped chicken tender & green beans w/ new potatoes

hamburger steaks (hamburger mixed with peppers, onions & garlic) with mashed potatoes & gravy & roasted parm brussle sprouts

Swiss steak (cube steak, peppers & onions in tomato sauce) with spaghetti & a spinach salad

Grilled marinated chicken kabobs, roasted potatoes, carrots, squash, zuchinni, & a greek salad

Chicken chipotle tacos w/ rice & beans

FarscapeMama
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:44 AM

I dont know if it's just because of how I was raised but potatoes are a staple for every dinner meal that doesn't involve pasta, and even some that do.  

My girlfriend LOVES shrimp, we get a cheap bag of it at walmart every few weeks and it lasts us probably 3 or 4 meals. 

If you want some different meat ideas, try some of the deli meats you dont usually even look at (things like salami or pastrami that you might walk right by and not even look at the price on the slabs of). There are plenty of recipes out there for alternative meat options. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:46 AM
Keep em coming
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:05 AM

Chicken marsala with egg noodles & roasted asparagus

stuffed pork chops with roasted brocolli & cauliflower  (I like roasted veggies...easy to make)

chili (with cornbread or with elbow noodles for chili mac or Frito pie)

chili shrimp with rice & stir fried veggies

beef stew (covers all food groups)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:24 AM
Lime marinated chicken breast, sweet potato, black bean, avocado, and green rice burrito bowl. The rice is greened by adding a little finely chopped spinach and cilantro.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:17 AM

Ranch baked pork chops, garlic sauteed brussell sprouts and  mashed potatoes.

Pulled pork, green beans or corn on cob , homemade cole slaw, roasted sweet potaoes.

Honey / lime shrimp or chicken , rice pilaf and sugar snap peas.

Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:30 AM
Soups, stews, and chilis are perfect for that ratio. They are easy to throw together and you can pack in lots of nutrition. I always throw chopped fresh spinach in my soups a couple of minutes before serving.
desertlvn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 6:44 AM
We do a quinoa salad that’s fun: roasted beets and carrots, marinated and grilled chicken, shredded cheese, hard boiled egg, tomatoes, quinoa, and lettuce. Everyone uses their favorite salad dressing.

Chili potatoes with a side of edamame.

Shredded meat and bean tostadas with the salad on top.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:05 AM
Shopping based on sales helps me keep some variety. Whatever veggies are on sale go in the menu and I search for recipes. Carbs I use different rices, pasta, potatoes, and sometimes just a side of Italian bread.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:15 AM
Meatball marinara sandwiches with coleslaw and sweet potato fries. Not the healthiest but...
Make a stir fry. About 6 to 8 ounces of meat (your choice) a mix of veggies ( I like cabbage, broccoli, carrots, baby corn, bell peppers and water chestnuts) they have premade sauces or you can make your own. Serve with rice.
Shredded pork tacos with zuccini, okra, onion and corn in tomato sauce (you can also use fresh tomatoes if you have good ones) and Mexican inspired coleslaw.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)