Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Oh god! Classic case of man flu!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
So both our dds were home a couple days last week. The only symptoms were soft stool and a grumbly tummy. They drank gatorade and ate crackers. Were fine on day 2. Then. I got it. Same thing, runny stool and a grumbly tummy. Day 2 I was fine. Now, DH has it. Oh god! The world is ending! I get an ominous text "I have to come home. I'm so sick!" Okay, I prepare for the worst. He comes home says he had fever and chills. He's moaning and groaning all over the place. I took his temp....99. This was 3 days ago. He has been acting like a little baby since...His tummy is grumbly and doesn't feel good. Ugh seriously! Yeah we had it too and didn't act like babies in bed. Dear god!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:49 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I cant help but laugh, this is me EVERY time I get even a little cold.  My girlfriend will baby me for about an hour and then she is just done with me and telling me grow up, you're fine, no you're not dying.  lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:51 AM
😒
dandynorm
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:51 AM

I recently had the flu. It was so bad I wondered once or twice if I had somehow contracted the man-flu. 

Then my husband got it and I realized I must not have. Based on his reaction, what he had was clearly much, much worse. 

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:54 AM
Yea,I'm the one that get the Man Flu. I'm an awful sick person. Luckily I hardly ever get sick or my husband would call me Old Yellar and take me hunting
ReaIisticbeauti
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:55 AM
I'm pretty sure my SO is due for another one of those in a few weeks. I usually leave home as much as possible when he gets like that, he's just unbearable to be around.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:56 AM
Lol! It just cracks me up because we have all had the same thing. Now he gets it and is dramatic about it. Lol He's been home for 3 days...I don't get time off from caring from the kids. Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I cant help but laugh, this is me EVERY time I get even a little cold.  My girlfriend will baby me for about an hour and then she is just done with me and telling me grow up, you're fine, no you're not dying.  lmao

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 1:58 AM
Lol, It's. Always much much worse!

Quoting dandynorm:

I recently had the flu. It was so bad I wondered once or twice if I had somehow contracted the man-flu. 

Then my husband got it and I realized I must not have. Based on his reaction, what he had was clearly much, much worse. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:03 AM
Yeah! I'm ready too! Who do you think picked up and took care of the kids when I was sick? Meeeee! It's fucking ridiculous! He's been moping in bed for 3 days. No fever ...just I don't feel good. Oh god!

Quoting ReaIisticbeauti: I'm pretty sure my SO is due for another one of those in a few weeks. I usually leave home as much as possible when he gets like that, he's just unbearable to be around.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)