Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frequent nose bleeds

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Dd has nose bleeds a lot. Isn't there something they can do to help that? I'm not concerned it's super serious. When she's sick krnthe weather gets dry she has nose bleeds almost constantly. We are going to try getting her to use saline nose spray when the weather gets dry and cold. What else?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daisy102601
by Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:50 AM
DS has that problem. We found that a good humidifier helped a lot. He is prone to getting more of them at night, and the moist are really helps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:50 AM
My DS gets them but he's expected to outgrow it. I could have something cauterized to stop them sooner but I don't think it's worth it.
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Humidifier is all you need
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:54 AM
Dr suggested Vaseline in the nose. And humidifier. They didn't find anything serious. Just dry air causes it. Happens to my 3yo often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM
Ok. I'll get her one. Thanks. I didn't even consider that. I've only had a nosebleed twice in my life and funny enough they both were when I was pregnant with her.

Quoting Talkingheads: Humidifier is all you need
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:17 AM
No? I told dh I thought they could do this but honestly I don't know anything about it. Ds had nosebleeds but not this much so it wasn't a big deal. It's happened like 7 or 8 times in the last two days.

Quoting Anonymous 2: My DS gets them but he's expected to outgrow it. I could have something cauterized to stop them sooner but I don't think it's worth it.
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:17 AM
They can cauterize but unless it's bad I would do it. St had it done as a child and has had constant issues with his nose as an adult.

We chose not to do anything for our sons but be proactive. As an adult he gets them less frequently and since living in Cali even less.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Dd has nose bleeds a lot. Isn't there something they can do to help that? I'm not concerned it's super serious. When she's sick krnthe weather gets dry she has nose bleeds almost constantly. We are going to try getting her to use saline nose spray when the weather gets dry and cold. What else?
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:17 AM
Vitamin C can help. Vaseline in the nose, humidifier like was already mentioned. Hope something works!
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:17 AM

Get a humidifier for her room.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:18 AM
Yeah dh told me she had several last night. I guess she slept with him and he had to keep waking up with her. She's asleep now.

Quoting daisy102601: DS has that problem. We found that a good humidifier helped a lot. He is prone to getting more of them at night, and the moist are really helps.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)