Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O- What a woman wears, or doesn’t wear, is NOT “why she gets raped”

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I am so sick of this mentality

If you think someone is tacky, trashy, gross, inappropriate, etc. for dressing a certain way then fine, go ahead say it, that’s your opinion

But when you go to the tired old line that some women get raped because of what they wear, or don’t wear, it proves just how brainwashed you really are

No matter how woman is dresses, no matter how a woman behaves, no matter what she has done in her past,
If a man forcibly have sex with her ITS BECAUSE HE IS A POS RAPIST

Fin!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:54 AM
Duh. 🙄
ShaMac
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:55 AM
You forgot to black one out. I agree with you though. It's weird that 16 thinks a rapist will ever for any reason not be at fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:58 AM
That’s nice dear.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:59 AM
Do you have to block them out if it’s an anon?

Quoting ShaMac: You forgot to black one out. I agree with you though. It's weird that 16 thinks a rapist will ever for any reason not be at fault.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
That post disturbed me. After being raped and beat, a week ago, I was rather annoyed by the pat and some comments. I had on shorts and a T-shirt. Sad people still blame the victim.
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Some people DO get raped because of the way they're dressed. But people also get raped because of their hair color, or age, or height...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:01 AM
Agree
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Of course that’s not what rape is about. A woman can get raped regardless of what she’s wearing or how she’s acting. The blame should always be on the rapist. 

However, it is also a fact that sometimes women put themselves in risky situations, and while that doesn’t mean the blame falls on them, it is a contributing factor to what happened. Although some cases of rape are performed by predators that were determined to commit such an act, many cases of rape are crimes of opportunity, which could be prevented if we woman don’t make ourselves a target for that opportunist. 

Oh, And that doesn’t mean that a woman who was a victim of an opportunist was “asking for it” or deserved it. The only guilty party is the perpetrator.

Fat.Bottom.Girl
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:05 AM
Rapists tend to target people by how vulnerable they are, not by how they are dressed. Examples would be drunk, alone or isolated, weak and unable to fight back, people with little to no family or supports, disabled, elderly, children...
LadyGigi
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Well said. I hope to raise my daughter to know not to put herself into risky situations but to also know that it would never be her fault if something like that happened to her. I think both are equally important.

Quoting momto2boys973:

Of course that’s not what rape is about. A woman can get raped regardless of what she’s wearing or how she’s acting. The blame should always be on the rapist. 

However, it is also a fact that sometimes women put themselves in risky situations, and while that doesn’t mean the blame falls on them, it is a contributing factor to what happened. Although some cases of rape are performed by predators that were determined to commit such an act, many cases of rape are crimes of opportunity, which could be prevented if we woman don’t make ourselves a target for that opportunist. 

Oh, And that doesn’t mean that a woman who was a victim of an opportunist was “asking for it” or deserved it. The only guilty party is the perpetrator.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)