Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dream about my ex boyfriend and his daughter almost every night.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Although I’m relieved and know it was the right decision, I miss them both. I really miss his daughter, but not so much him. I let the relationship drag on much longer than it should have. I knew that there was something off about him when he told me he never cried, turned things around on me in arguments, refused to apologize (ever), criticized my children (constantly), and never found a speck of fault in himself. He went from a seeming successful, fit guy to a slob on my couch. I knew something was off when he was pushing to move in together, but didn’t want to discuss marriage in the future. He knew that was important to me. He started acting as if I were his wife, but without having to actually make me one. He basically moved in without my asking him to and invaded every corner of my life before I knew what hit me. I made excuses, but every so often, I’d just cry and ask myself how I was going to be able to escape. He let me go without much of a fight. In itself, that felt strange, but I realize I’m dealing with a man with a skewed view of life and some major emotional deficits. I know he’s never going to let me see his daughter again and it hurts. I miss her. I treated her as if she were my own and now I’m left with the emptiness that she once occupied. She’s completely innocent in all of this. I’m haunted with memories. All I can feel is the pain that this relationship left behind. I have nightmares every single night. I just need a break from the thoughts inside my head.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 7:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 8:03 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry.  Being close to someone and letting them go is horrible, even more horrible when they let you go first.  This is going to sound wrong but i am still close with every one of my ex husbands ex girlfriends. Each and every one was pretty wonderful to my kids and my kids never understood why they were let go.

Back story - x and i had three kids, then he moved on and had one that was given up for adoption and another that was kept. The last two were six months apart by two different women. The woman who gave hers up for adoption - i went through every step with her. I am still very close to her and the one who is being raised as my kids half brother - i am close to her as well.

Have faith that you did the right thing leaving him. All these women left my ex for one reason or another - i can only imagine why.  The little girl will be just fine and will always remember you for what you were to  her.

One last thing. I didnt share my story to be torn apart by posters here, i shared it for the origional poster who needed support.

mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:46 AM
How old is his daughter?
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:51 AM
This. I'm sorry for the loss you are feeling.

Quoting mollyk124: How old is his daughter?
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 9:57 AM
If she is 14+ and you have her email, I think it would be okay to send an email expressing how you want the very best for her and hope she knows how much you care about her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 10:06 AM
1 mom liked this

One of my  moms bf  when we were younger tought my brother to stand up and PEE!.   He still has a memory of this man who was in my moms life.  She will have a memory of you in her life.

Stay strong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:27 PM
She’s only 5. She will forget me and that hurts too because I’ll always remember her.

Quoting Lunarprancer: This. I'm sorry for the loss you are feeling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:33 PM

Believe me, she wont remember everything but she wont forget you. My brother remembers moms boyfriend from when he was three.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She’s only 5. She will forget me and that hurts too because I’ll always remember her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM
That’s sweet. I hope you’re right. My ex seems to think she will remember.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Believe me, she wont remember everything but she wont forget you. My brother remembers moms boyfriend from when he was three.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She’s only 5. She will forget me and that hurts too because I’ll always remember her.

ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 12:37 PM
Make friends with her mother.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Although I’m relieved and know it was the right decision, I miss them both. I really miss his daughter, but not so much him. I let the relationship drag on much longer than it should have. I knew that there was something off about him when he told me he never cried, turned things around on me in arguments, refused to apologize (ever), criticized my children (constantly), and never found a speck of fault in himself. He went from a seeming successful, fit guy to a slob on my couch. I knew something was off when he was pushing to move in together, but didn’t want to discuss marriage in the future. He knew that was important to me. He started acting as if I were his wife, but without having to actually make me one. He basically moved in without my asking him to and invaded every corner of my life before I knew what hit me. I made excuses, but every so often, I’d just cry and ask myself how I was going to be able to escape. He let me go without much of a fight. In itself, that felt strange, but I realize I’m dealing with a man with a skewed view of life and some major emotional deficits. I know he’s never going to let me see his daughter again and it hurts. I miss her. I treated her as if she were my own and now I’m left with the emptiness that she once occupied. She’s completely innocent in all of this. I’m haunted with memories. All I can feel is the pain that this relationship left behind. I have nightmares every single night. I just need a break from the thoughts inside my head.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)