Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SS’s GF is pregnant and dh doesn’t think it’s his.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
1 mom liked this
My 21 yr old SS and his GF announced she was pregnant a couple weeks before Christmas. Stepson had been living in a different state going to a trade school when he began dating this girl he met through Facebook. The first time they met in person was when she drove down to help him move back here after he completed his certification which was NOV 18th. When he moved back here he moved in with her and her 2 kids. She is 20 with a 4 year old and 3 year old from 2 different fathers. We live in a small town and it’s been told by more then one person that she was hooking up with another guy the day before she left to go pick SS up. Based on her due date it says conception likely happened between Nov 17-23. Dh is pretty upset about the whole thing and really doesn’t think the baby is his. She goes to the dr next Monday for the first ultrasound . Her Bloodwork showed her HCG levels as higher then typical based on how far along she claims she is. Dh is worried as how to approach this with SS as he doesn’t want to make him mad .

SS is very Immature for his age and just is clueless to a lot of things. There is no way he would figure it out on his own. He is in no way ready for a baby of his own. Not to mention this gf’s kids aren’t with her much . They are at their fathers or grandparents a lot. They also asked me if I would throw a gender revel party for them as they want it to be a surprise for them. I agreed to do it.

If this were your son would you say something to him?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes I'd say something like make sure you get a DNA test at the hospital. She knows the baby is hers but this protects you. Id offer to,pay for,it,as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:14 AM
I'd say no to the gender reveal bullshit.
LovingThisLifex
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Family is the one place you cam be completely honest with things like this.

And I would not throw that reveal party.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:15 AM

She sounds like a mess. I would tell him not to sign a thing or give her a penny until a DNA test comes back. It sounds like she's looking for a captain save a ho. 

justnosy2090
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:15 AM
I would talk him into and pay for getting papers filed with a lawyer so as to get custody, life insurance, will, etc...make sure to tell the lawyer that 100% he is to file a DNA test. By the time your ss comes out of that meeting he is going to want a DNA test.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:16 AM

ha ha ha

had to read that title twice.  I thought your husband was sure it wasnt his (your husbands) baby.  I was thinking THANK GOD

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
In this situation, yes I would say something. But say it nicely and respectfully.
PJMM
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I would certainly advise my son to get an DNA test. And I wouldn't throw anything until I knew it was his.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
The kid very well could be his. The man is an adult and should have the common sense to protect himself and get a DNA test. But I guess maybe not seeing as he was barebacking a woman he hardly knew that was obviously fertile.
I.Am.Jester
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 11:19 AM

I tell him he needs to ask for a DNA test before he signs anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)