Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You chose to stay with your husband after he had an affair so get over it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
My sister-in-law's husband had an affair with my second cousin. She didn't find out about it until my cousin came up pregnant and he had to admit it his wife. My sister-in-law decided to stay with her husband. But now every single thing that happens she gets all dramatic over. And of course she wants to talk to me about it to complain to me about what a horror my cousin is like somehow it's my fault but her husband couldn't keep his dick in his pants.

When my cousin decided that if my brother-in-law wanted to be in the delivery room he could be but my sister-in-law was not welcome she went all the pieces. Claiming that my cousin was trying to steal her man and not include her. When my cousins baby got really sick and was taken to the hospital in the middle of the night my cousin was intentionally trying to ruin their date night ( despite the fact that it was serious enough for them to keep the baby for 2 days so clearly it wasn't something she was faking nor did she have any way of knowing that it was their date night). She doesn't want the baby coming over to their house but at the same time she doesn't want her husband going over to my cousin's house to see the baby. She got mad that my cousin did not give the baby my brother-in-law's last name but also got mad that brother-in-law wanted to sign the birth certificate. My cousin ended up agreeing that he not sign the birth certificate which works out for her in custody issues anyway because right now he has no legal rights. She is now mad that my cousin had the audacity to invite all of the child's family including my brother-in-law's family to the child's first birthday. It's not like everybody didn't know.

After listening to her complain and b**** about every move everybody around her makes since she found out about pregnancy finally I just told her to be quiet. That she chose to stay with her husband knowing that there would be a baby. That my cousin does not have to accommodate her in any way shape or form. That if she cannot deal with the fact that her husband has a child from another woman then she should probably just filed for divorce. I don't understand why she's staying with him anyway. They don't have any kids together she doesn't rely on him financially I would have just walked away. But since she's chosen to stay she needs except with the reality.

Ever since I said that she hasn't spoken to me. I'm sorry but I think she needed to hear it
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:38 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:42 PM
4 moms liked this
It's a damn shame that WalMart doesn't sell self respect.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: It's a damn shame that WalMart doesn't sell self respect.
CorpCityGrl
by Ruby Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:45 PM

Well then, she clearly has no self-respect if that's what she chose to do. She can't have it both ways. He has a child with her and is a part of that child's life. To further complicate things, that woman is part of the extended family. She needs to just walk away completely. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:46 PM
I don't understand why she wouldn't. They don't have any children together and it's not like she needs to depend on him financially. She has a pretty good job as an office manager at a doctor's office.

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Well then, she clearly has no self-respect if that's what she chose to do. She can't have it both ways. He has a child with her and is a part of that child's life. To further complicate things, that woman is part of the extended family. She needs to just walk away completely. 

Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:47 PM
The word is accept but than that you are spot on. She needed to hear that
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:47 PM
She does have choices to make but prob didn't think she would ever have to make them.
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:48 PM
6 moms liked this
I love how your cousin and BIL had an affair and a baby and somehow your SIL is the bad guy. Your cousin had a baby with a married family member. She should have expected her life to be complicated and for there to be consequences.
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I know it's a bitter pill for her to swallow. But like you said, she chose to stay. She's now going to have to accept he cheated and a child was born from said affair. So either she leaves or sucks it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 2:49 PM
I stayed with DH after he had an affair and it takes a long time to move on from it, and if you add a pregnancy in the mix it complicates things even more. If she had no kids with the guy then maybe she should move on, but that isn't up to anyone but her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)