Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you don't even like my family so wtf are you complaining about?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 188 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am 28 weeks pregnant. my mil just told me she wanted to throw a baby shower for me, ok. she asked what days dh had off and when she could do it. I told her that the only time she would be able to throw one is any day after today until the first week of March. she asked why and I said I was getting 4 other showers that will be happening in March and she went nuts. she doesn't like my family which is why she's throwing her own but what she seems to forget is that my parents hate each other and both want to throw me one, so thats 2. my friends dont like my parents so thats another one, and my dh's friends dont like anyone so thats the 4th one. shes not the only one who hates someone else and wants to exclude them.

I dont get her upset honestly. she knows all of this. ds even gets 3 birthdays because my parents each want to throw one, and mil wants to throw one.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM
13 moms liked this

Wow. so much unnecessary drama. Good luck.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this
What a mess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:30 PM

and its all because of mil. no one else is bitching. just her.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Wow. so much unnecessary drama. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow. Simply WOW!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:33 PM
5 moms liked this

I would just say never mind. I got everything I registered for and then some just with the one shower and I didn't even use a lot of it. I can't imagine the amount of clutter that 5 showers would bring. Parents aren't supposed to throw them for you anyway. 

It sounds like she (and everyone else around you) is very dramatic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:34 PM

shes really the only dramatic one. everyone else is fine with the set up.

and my friends will be getting me things, not the baby things. my mom and dads showers i'll be getting things, idk what dh's friends will get and mil im sure will get cheap shit that will be thrown away anyway.

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I would just say never mind. I got everything I registered for and then some just with the one shower and I didn't even use a lot of it. I can't imagine the amount of clutter that 5 showers would bring. Parents aren't supposed to throw them for you anyway. 

It sounds like she (and everyone else around you) is very dramatic. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this
My in-laws and my family hate each other too.

Split birthday parties were exhausting, and joint parties were chaos.

There's no winning with people who can't be civil.

Sorry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:37 PM
4 moms liked this
Family of dysfunction, poor kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I am 28 weeks pregnant. my mil just told me she wanted to throw a baby shower for me, ok. she asked what days dh had off and when she could do it. I told her that the only time she would be able to throw one is any day after today until the first week of March. she asked why and I said I was getting 4 other showers that will be happening in March and she went nuts. she doesn't like my family which is why she's throwing her own but what she seems to forget is that my parents hate each other and both want to throw me one, so thats 2. my friends dont like my parents so thats another one, and my dh's friends dont like anyone so thats the 4th one. shes not the only one who hates someone else and wants to exclude them.

I dont get her upset honestly. she knows all of this. ds even gets 3 birthdays because my parents each want to throw one, and mil wants to throw one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:37 PM

nothing dysfunctional except for mils attitude. 

Quoting Anonymous 6: Family of dysfunction, poor kids.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 19, 2018 at 3:39 PM
18 moms liked this
What normal person needs FIVE (5) baby showers?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)