Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

should I just assume she isn't paying me? UPDATE, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 77 Replies
So I just started babysitting for this woman who has an 11 month old and a four year old. I thought it was perfect because I have a five year old and I love babies. Well anyways she told me she would pay me a week and a half after I started babysitting. I was understanding because i know how tough it can be being a single mom.

Well she said she would pay me today, if not today then tomorrow. I msged her after she was done working to see when she would stop by but no response. I see she's been online but purposely ignored my msg. I'm just assuming she won't pay me but I'm super bummed, I was going to use that money for fun on my vacation and I even watched her kids with strep and an 103 fever even though I didn't feel up to it. Ugh I'm super mad.

Next time I babysit I will demand payment every day. I'm not going to be nice anymore.

So she msged me at 3 in the morning saying she now doesn't get paid until next Friday and she will for sure pay me by then. I don't know if I believe her. All I know is I'm pissed. I made sure I was home to babysit both Thursday and Friday night and she canceled both times last minute. I'm upset because I cleared my schedule for it and I could of been out of town with family this whole time but stayed because I thought I had to babysit. I'm super frustrated and don't know what to do.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe shes busy? I would call her, thats far more mature & direct then a text message. Also if you want to first test to see if shes ignoring you - have a friend call from
A phonr number she doesnt know & see if she answers.
Or have a friend text her from a number she doesnt know.
Have the text say
"Omg! She was in a BAD wreck we are all headed to the hospital". See if she replies?
Then ur friend can say "sorry i conacted the wrong number
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:34 AM
That's too bad. In the future I don't know if I would expect payment every day, but I would set up a set time for payment (every Friday, every 15th, etc) without exception. If they are late, that would be the end of it
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:35 AM
I would demand at least partial payment upfront from here on out.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:37 AM
I used to do babysitting... I’ve only ever had one client that didn’t pay!

Don’t watch her kids again until you get paid.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:45 AM
Take it from someone who’s been a sahm for ten year. DO NOT BABYSIT!!!!
I though it would be great, too. Part of was great, my kids had others to play with, while I was spending 3 hours everyday after they left picking up toys, throwing my kids favorite toys away because the other kids broke them, telling my other friends ‘Sorry, I can’t see you today because I’m babysitting,’ missing out on other fun stuff to do with my kids because I had extra kids, and having people constantly ask me to babysit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:47 AM
I had that happen to me once. Not only did she not pay me, she accused me of stealing money from her house. :/
Krysta622
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:47 AM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't assume anything yet but that's just me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:57 AM

It could've been a crap day and she just doesn't want to deal with anything "stressful" right now. Maybe she needs time to just vege out online awhile and will get back to you tomorrow. If you don't hear from her by...noon or something, then give her a call and ask her when she's coming over to pay you. You'll know from her reaction if you're really getting paid. You might get a direct answer or maybe (unfortunately) hemming and hawing that definitely tells you it was BS.

bluefirewolf
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 2:04 AM

I probably would find someone else to babysit for

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2018 at 2:06 AM
She was done at ten. Not going to call so late. I told her to keep me updated of when she was going to pay me.

And yeah I'm not going to do that. It she ignores me I'll put her name on blast on the website she was looking for sitters on.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Maybe shes busy? I would call her, thats far more mature & direct then a text message. Also if you want to first test to see if shes ignoring you - have a friend call from
A phonr number she doesnt know & see if she answers.
Or have a friend text her from a number she doesnt know.
Have the text say
"Omg! She was in a BAD wreck we are all headed to the hospital". See if she replies?
Then ur friend can say "sorry i conacted the wrong number
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)