Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Torn... Visit my kid in the hospital or...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
Take my other kid roller skating and miss a visit..

Dd12 is back in the hospital for her fourth time saying she's going to kill herself.

Ds10 has been begging me for months to take him roller skating again (it's a two hour trip to get there) and dd12 always refuses to go... She even cries about it.. Not wanting to go. She doesn't like to go ANYWHERE...

She'll be getting out of the hospital soon and I can't see myself forcing dd to go anytime soon... So I thought I'd take ds10 today while she's in the hospital but I'll miss visiting hours completely..

I'm also missing visitation tomorrow as well because I have to go to NJ to pick up some money from my grandpa she knows about that and told me she'll be okay if I miss visits this weekend but she may be lying... During the visits she just wants me to hug and kiss and hold her the entire time.

I never missed a visit during her previous hospitalizations so I feel maybe it's kinda selfish to spend the weekend traveling and having fun with ds but I know I don't get this opportunity when she's home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this
Go roller skating
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:11 AM
13 moms liked this
Sounds like she has learned how to control and manipulate you. Your son always gets the shaft, so think about that every time you put him on the back burner again and again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:12 AM
4 moms liked this
Go, have a fun day with your son. He deserves time with you too, especially as it sounds like she takes a lot of time and attention.
Sheโ€™s taken care of and you can see her Mon. Make today about your son. Hope you guys have a great day!
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:12 AM
I wouldn't blame you if you took ds roller skating. I'm sure it's easier on him without having an upset sister with him. It's a case of damned if you do damned if you don't in any case. But if she's angry I'd explain you don't like going out. Ds does and I have to consider him as well as you.
SmisX3
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:13 AM
Spend time with your son.
anchorturtle
by silly rabbit on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:13 AM
Devote a day to your son. Hugs
Midtnight2000
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:14 AM
5 moms liked this
As a mom of three I would go rollerskating with DS and let him feel important and truly seen. With a sick sibling it is all too easy to vanish in their needs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:14 AM
What treatment has dd had? Is it possible that her threats are for attention to some degree? I mean, if she threatens to kill herself, gets admitted, and you run up and hold, kids, coddle and love on her constantly, giving her undivided attention....does that feed into the situation at all?
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:18 AM
4 moms liked this
I would be at my kids side who was in the hospital. She needs all the support she can get right now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:18 AM
This. The hospital is fun time for her, no school and everyone focuses on her and her alone. You make special trips to see only her and you guys hug and snuggle the entire time.

Sheโ€™s threatening to kill herself to go there, stop making the hospital a fun place to be. She goes in, you give your other child all of your attention.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Sounds like she has learned how to control and manipulate you. Your son always gets the shaft, so think about that every time you put him on the back burner again and again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)