Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband and I are trying for #2

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
My husband has 2 boys who are 22 and 18 and we have a 2 year old together. We are trying for baby #2 even though he is happy with having just our daughter. I on the other hand want another as I don't want my daughter to be an "only" child. I know technically she has 2 brothers, but I want her to have a sibling closer to her age. It took us 5 years to get pregnant with her and are now on month 10 of trying with the 2nd.
Some days I wonder why I want another as our 2 year old is very head strong and can be very stubborn and drives me nuts some days. On other days she is so loving and affectionate and minds when told to do some or not to do something, those days I wouldn't mind having another lol.
My husband's thought is, that with just her we can give her everything, all of our attention, all of her wants and not just her needs. I on the other hand do not want a spoiled brat of a child. I'm the oldest of 6 children and I did not mind not having everything I wanted. my husband is the middle of 3 and he also does not mind that he didn't get everything he wanted. We always had someone there and I want the same for our baby.

What was your deciding factor for only having one or for having another?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:11 PM
I’ve never tried to get pregnant, my kids were both surprises while I was on birth control. Here’s a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:12 PM
I wanted a sibling for my son an got twins. Keep trying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:13 PM
Lol I wish it was that easy for me, especially with coming from a fertile Myrtle of a mother. She said she also got pregnant while on BC

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’ve never tried to get pregnant, my kids were both surprises while I was on birth control. Here’s a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I missed my period, peed on a stick, congrats to us.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:14 PM
My baby & oldest were both unplanned 🤷🏽‍♀️
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:14 PM
We have the number of children we are comfortable supporting financially.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM
My plan was to always have 4, so for him to say one and done... No way lol
He has 2, whom I adore and treat like their my own. So In my eyes, I would have my 4

Quoting Anonymous 3: I wanted a sibling for my son an got twins. Keep trying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM
It’s not as glamourous as it sounds. My 3rd PG resulted in miscarriage. I got pregnant with a non-expired IUD that was perfectly in place.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Lol I wish it was that easy for me, especially with coming from a fertile Myrtle of a mother. She said she also got pregnant while on BC

Quoting Anonymous 2: I’ve never tried to get pregnant, my kids were both surprises while I was on birth control. Here’s a bump.
KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:18 PM
I wanted another as siblings are important. DH and I both grew up with siblings, and couldn’t imagine life without them. Now a days, we all get together with our own kids, so my two kids are growing up super close to their cousins.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2018 at 1:19 PM
That's what happened with our daughter, we gave up. I had made the joke that when our dog had her puppies (had just been bred) that "watch, I will be so busy with puppies that I will get pregnant" puppies were 4 weeks old and I was 2 weeks late, which wasn't unusual for me. Took a test and sure enough I was preggo.

This time were trying but not stressing over it. But I'm so ready for another itty bitty

Quoting Anonymous 4: I missed my period, peed on a stick, congrats to us.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)