Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Email to employer. Assistance please!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 7:57 PM
  • 91 Replies
I still work homecare and I’m searching for a new job under LPN. I found online that they are in need of a supervisor in our office. I am insulted that they are aware I am an LPN and I know the ins and outs. They do not think I’m an awful worker (assuming because they gave me a position for the preceptorship that I just completed).

We are short staffed under the CCA division (where I currently work for them). So I want to send them an email. Please keep in mind we have
1 director
2 supervisors (one is off)
3 schedulers (including the head one)
2 payroll.

We are a small office so it’s not like they just didn’t realize I had my LPN license because they accomendated my schedule for 2 years for it. As well as the director was jumping for joy when I was accepted (at the time she held the LPN position in the office).

Help me word this.

The sum of what I have is

“Hello,
I am not sure if this is going to K***, L**** or M*****. I want to submit my resume. I know the office and how it runs, I know the clients and the needs. I completed my LPN and I am licensed which means I do need the hours to maintain the license. I know we are short staffed, and because of that I would have no issues if I gained the position working as a CCA for the evenings/weekends as well. So I wanted to put my name in for the LPN position that opened.

Thank you for your time,
Christina”

This is a rough draft so save the grammar police flip outs lol. It’s just a quick note of what I want to get across to them.

HELP LADIES
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:02 PM
Are you a new grad LPN? And you are applying to an LPN supervisor position?
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:04 PM
New yes. The job ad says no experience necessary.

I also have complete knowledge of the office, the staff and the clients. I perform assessments in my current position (LPNs handle intakes, initial assessment which is the same as our assessment, and writing the care plan so that staff entering the home knows what to do).

Quoting Medic32: Are you a new grad LPN? And you are applying to an LPN supervisor position?
notalice420
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:06 PM

You sound angry. You shouldn't be angry that they're advertising for an employee, just apply like normal. Highlight your assets, not that you're angry about them not outright offering you the job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Put to whom it concerns instead of I don’t know who this goes too.

Also ask if there is some internal job posting board you’re supposed to apply too instead of email.
notalice420
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:07 PM

Do not talk about what YOU need. Talk about how you will benefit the company. 

Although realize that promoting you means they're still going to be short-staffed which is probably why they didn't promote from within. Somebody will need YOUR job if you get promoted. 

FreyaM
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:07 PM
Who is the hiring manager?
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:08 PM
I am angry at them for many reasons outside of this lol. I love my job, but they can make it difficult at times.

I didn’t want the job offered to me, I did however want the acknowledgment of “give us your updated resume because we are hiring an Lpn”

Quoting notalice420:

You sound angry. You shouldn't be angry that they're advertising for an employee, just apply like normal. Highlight your assets, not that you're angry about them not outright offering you the job. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Just apply for the position as anyone else would. No need to send an email.
mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Just submit your application like normal. The email is unnecessary and may come off as passive aggressive. Which kinda sounds like you are. :/
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:09 PM
It says to apply by email lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: Put to whom it concerns instead of I don’t know who this goes too.

Also ask if there is some internal job posting board you’re supposed to apply too instead of email.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)