Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:25 PM
  • 103 Replies
1 mom liked this
Do they stop trying to come into the bathroom while you're in there?! OMG! I just wanna pee in PEACE! DD is 7yos and was just sitting outside the door tapping it. Like really child! Do I bug you when you're trying to pee? Oh and if she is awake when I'm in the shower she has NO problem yanking open the shower curtain and saying "Hi MOMMY". That shit SUCKS when you're taking a nice hot shower, and it's not so hot outside ths shower! Please tell me when I can pee and shower in peace?
by on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomma06
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:27 PM

My oldest is 11 and STILL DOES IT! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:28 PM
3 moms liked this

TBH my 24yo still comes into the bathroom while I'm doing my hair and makeup. We'll never be free and we have no one to blame but ourselves. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I never permitted it, and have/had NO problem locking the door.  Why in the hell do you leave the door unlocked when taking a shower?

I.Am.Jester
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

At seven  I would be giving her consequences for that and having talks with her about privacy.

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:30 PM
Oh no! Really? Why don't they get tired of seeing us with out pants down, or buck naked? Oy!

Quoting alexsmomma06:

My oldest is 11 and STILL DOES IT! 

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:30 PM
But you have clother on at that point right?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

TBH my 24yo still comes into the bathroom while I'm doing my hair and makeup. We'll never be free and we have no one to blame but ourselves. 

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:31 PM
Because she'll sit there and knock on the door the whole time.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

I never permitted it, and have/had NO problem locking the door.  Why in the hell do you leave the door unlocked when taking a shower?

jkleinman
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:31 PM
4 moms liked this
Isn't seeing me naked consequence enoug?

Quoting I.Am.Jester:

At seven  I would be giving her consequences for that and having talks with her about privacy.

I.Am.Jester
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM

At seven a child shouldn't be opening a closed door without knocking.  Teaching a kid respect for privacy and personal space is not a bad thing.  But I agree, there is nothing stopping her from taking a shower with the door locked with a 7 year old, its not like she is leaving a two year old unattended.

Quoting Not_A_Native:

jcm3
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2018 at 8:32 PM
Lock door issues solved

Quoting jkleinman: Do they stop trying to come into the bathroom while you're in there?! OMG! I just wanna pee in PEACE! DD is 7yos and was just sitting outside the door tapping it. Like really child! Do I bug you when you're trying to pee? Oh and if she is awake when I'm in the shower she has NO problem yanking open the shower curtain and saying "Hi MOMMY". That shit SUCKS when you're taking a nice hot shower, and it's not so hot outside ths shower! Please tell me when I can pee and shower in peace?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)