Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nextdoor stories?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 36 Replies
I recently started using nextdoor and am in it for the drama. There are some sad posts (kid shot by random kid with a bb gun) but some funny and entertaining ones, and a LOT of lost dog posts. But I haven't seen any REAL drama yet.

Anyone care to share if you have nextdoor? Of course fb between neighbors will work too :P

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:02 AM
I'm not sure what that is.

Bump!
jslpruitt
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:06 AM
I haven’t seen any drama on mine. Just normal posts
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:08 AM
It’s pretty boring around here... mostly lost cats and selling random nonsense. I haven’t been on YikYak in a long time but that was interesting. Lol
MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:10 AM

Not very many people in my neighbourhood use it. I briefly downloaded it, and all the posts were from other areas of town. My friend, now her area is very active with Nextdoor. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:11 AM
Here's a neighbor for ya. He lives behind me. This isn't half the stuff he does. Read his story in his own words. He's unbelievable.
http://www.jar2.com/Topics/USG_Gangstalking.html
jws120567
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:12 AM

We have Nextdoor in our neighborhood, actually I think I'm the "list owner" for the neighborhood.  No drama here though, it's a quiet coastal town.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Never heard of it and don't know what it is.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 1:25 AM
I love my Nextdoor app too. People are so damn petty. Ha!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 1:32 AM
The suspicious persons ones crack me up. One day someone posted about a "suspicious" man walking down the street at 10am wearing a red baseball cap. When people questioned the poster on why that was so suspicious all she had to say was "I'm just looking out for the neighborhood, you can never be too careful."
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 2:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I am on it and I just hide the idiots that think it's facebook and get into the drama.  So far it's pathetic drama.  One went on about the evils of english ivy and he was on a mission to eradicate it from the neighborhood.  Another old fart went on about the evils of feral cats after someone posted about a rabid raccoon found in their neighborhood.  And a couple are ranting about leaf pickup.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)