Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of the not tonight BM post.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 119 Replies
1 mom liked this
I read through that thread and I seriously cracked up. There cannot be that many parents on here who never do anything without their kids, who go years without a date with their husband/boyfriend and never ever have a kid free night with friends. Do people actually live that way? There is NO WAY I could stay sane or maintain a happy relationship with out taking time out regularly to be with my husband and for me to spend adult time with friends. This amazes me. Id be a crazy person if I didnt take the time at least a couple of times a month to gonout with my husband and with friends. Having that time makes me a better parent and it keeps my relationship with my husband alive and it keeps me connected with other adults. I love my kids with all my heart. But I need more in my life than just them. I really dont get the mindset that being a parent means no nighta off.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:12 AM
1 mom liked this
I agree those women in that post were ridiculous
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
We make it a point to have date nights at least once a month. You need time for your relationship. It's crazy to think so many don't see the need.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:14 AM
2 moms liked this
I totally agree with you.
There is nothing wrong with taking some times to yourself. And it was planned on a non kid weekend. Those women are just ridiculous
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:15 AM
5 moms liked this
I wanted to reply to her but I think she stopped replying. There are people claiming they havent had an adult night since their kids were born. And they have teenagers. Seriously? People are that far up their kids' butts? No wonder the newer generations are having such a rough time functioning and the divorce rate is ao high.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I agree those women in that post were ridiculous
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:15 AM
Missed it. As usual. đŸ˜‚
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:16 AM
That’s nuts.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wanted to reply to her but I think she stopped replying. There are people claiming they havent had an adult night since their kids were born. And they have teenagers. Seriously? People are that far up their kids' butts? No wonder the newer generations are having such a rough time functioning and the divorce rate is ao high.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:16 AM
I went years without a date night with my ex. We had the kids 24/7. But I could barely stand him. With DH I actually want time alone with him so we have it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:16 AM
I couldn't even reply. I was flabbergasted. Are there really that many women who only value their children?

Quoting Anonymous 4: I totally agree with you.
There is nothing wrong with taking some times to yourself. And it was planned on a non kid weekend. Those women are just ridiculous
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:17 AM
Very.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: That’s nuts.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I wanted to reply to her but I think she stopped replying. There are people claiming they havent had an adult night since their kids were born. And they have teenagers. Seriously? People are that far up their kids' butts? No wonder the newer generations are having such a rough time functioning and the divorce rate is ao high.

MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Jan. 21, 2018 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

My biggest issue was the people giving OP a hard time because they said no once, when they usually have the kids all the time. 

ETA: I am a SM&BM. I did treat oldest like my own.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)