Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My credit is kind of crappy, can I still get a car loan?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
We make over 100k a year but have some credit card debt and I have 2 medical bills in collection. I need a larger car and have a car I'm hoping to trade in for it. Just confused about the process as I've never bought a car before and afraid the apr will be really high, is that something that can be negotiated or no? Haven't done any prequalifying yet bexause don't want any dings to my credit score
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:36 AM
What’s your credit score?
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:37 AM
Yes but your interest rate is gonna be high and your options are gonna be limited.
Beachbunny212
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:37 AM
You can still get a car loan, your interest may be a lot higher than someone with good credit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:37 AM
If you have never bought a car before the interest will be high regardkess of your credit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM
Try getting the loan through your credit union. Whatever you do, don't finance through buy here pay here lots. You're gonna get screwed and end up having to pay more than the car is worth. Or find something used that you pay in full with cash.

You could try leasing too but I've never done that so I don't know all the rules.
my4kids274
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:00 AM
No reason not to try.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:43 AM
You can almost always buy a car, it will just be a crappy interest rate. You would likely be better off buying something cash to drive at least until you get some debts paid off & your credit score up. Do you know your score?
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:48 AM
We've only done loans through our credit union. Talk to your bank.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed. You probably can find someone to sell you a car. It just wouldn't be a wise financial decision.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: You can almost always buy a car, it will just be a crappy interest rate. You would likely be better off buying something cash to drive at least until you get some debts paid off & your credit score up. Do you know your score?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:50 AM
Yes, someone will give you a loan, but be aware that the rate will be sky high.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)