Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't know why they thought he was going to eat mine...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 314 Replies
3 moms liked this

DH and DS are out of town.  DD and her BF wanted Taco Bell for supper, which I can't stand, so I went to the local Italian place to pick up dinner for me.

I got home to find that BF's exW had dropped their child off unexpectedly.  Her furnace went out so it's too cold for the child to be there.  

They hadn't planned on the child, so they hadn't really bought enough food.  Instead of one of them running back for more food, they waited for me to get home, thinking I would share mine with the child.  

As soon as I walked in the door, DD grabbed my bag and started pulling out my dinner.  I asked her what she was doing and she said "Well, [child] is hungry, so I am going to give him some of your pasta."  I grabbed my food back and said no she wasn't.  She got a bit snarky with me and said "You know there is more than enough" and reached to grab it back.  I said not this time, I didn't get an order of pasta.  (A normal order of pasta is more than enough for two people.)  They had a special tonight that came with 2 stuffed meatballs, 3 homemade mozzarella sticks, a stuffed chicken parmesan, a (small) side of pasta of your choice, one piece of garlic bread, and your choice of dessert.  

She said, well, just give him one of your meatballs, one cheese stick, and some of your pasta and he will be fine.  I said NO.  I am hungry.  You could have called me and I would have gladly picked him up something, but this is mine.  Run back to Taco Bell, fix him a frozen pizza, fix him PB&J, but don't just assume that I am giving up my food for him.  This is the only thing I have had to eat today, I'm not sharing with him.

So, DD was pissed off at me for not sharing my food with her BF's kid.  The whole time, her BF was just standing there watching the interaction between me and DD.  He finally scratched his head and said "I guess I can go get him something..." and looked at me like he expected me to pay or offer to go get it or something, I don't know what.

I said "Yes, why don't you go do what you should have done in the first damn place, feed YOUR kid."  I then grabbed my food and went to my bedroom to watch TV and eat.  I don't know what they did after that because I didn't come out of my room until half an hour ago when they woke me up at 7am, my ONLY day off, because they're letting him run through the house wild and loud.  I came out to tell them to knock it off with the noise or BF is going to find some place else to live.  They're now sulking in DD's bedroom. I am giving it an hour, about the time they will all probably fall back asleep, and I am turning on the radio as loud as it will go.  

***DD's BF has been staying with us because the apartment next to his had a fire and there was damage to his apartment too.  It happened right after Thanksgiving, the holidays slowed down the repairs, then the bad weather.  Property management is saying it's going to be another month before the apartment is ready.  BF has been staying here for almost 2 months, hasn't helped in any way, even though I have repeatedly told DD that him and his child being here has doubled my grocery bill (he eats EVERYTHING and twice as much each meal as anyone else does) my utility bill for December went up, and I just got our bill for this month and it is high too (3 showers a day, up all night playing on his XBox has raised our electric bill) and his live streaming on his XBox all night is putting me over on our internet plan, so that has went up too.  I told DD that when he gets his tax check, I expect $200 for rent, $200 for my utility bill going up (yes, it has went up $100 over our normal bill last month and this month), $100 for the extra I have paid on the internet, and at least $200 for the food he has inhaled.  

ETA:  I am already getting replies saying I should have shared with the child.  If they wanted someone to share, Dad should have shared HIS food with the child.   I just found the receipt for their food.  I didn't see it until just now when I went to throw away my trash from last night.  2 chicken quesadilla's, 3 taco supreme's, and 3 combo burritos.  2 of the combo burrito's were most likely DD's because that is what she always gets.  HE could have done without one or two of HIS items instead of them expecting me to share.  

ETA 2:  I am tired of everyone saying it was a lot of food and I could have/should have shared since I had so much, overlooking the amount of Taco Bell his father ate. 

ladybug  See that?  TWO meatballs that size.
chocolatechocolatechocolate See those?  My 3 cheese sticks were about that size.  They're homemade bites of breaded and deep fried cheese.

My piece of homemade garlic bread was the size of a piece of texas toast.  In size comparison, so were the chicken breast and the serving of pasta.  The brownie (my dessert) was about half that size and is still sitting on the counter.  

I don't believe most of you that are saying that would feed 2-3 people in your house or you could never eat that much, but hey, if it can, good for you.  I eat like a real person and I hadn't ate all day, worked 9 hours, and well, plain and simple, I was hungry.   

But all that aside, it was 8 p.m.  His MOTHER brought him here somewhere between 7:30-8.  Why hadn't SHE already feed her 5 year old before bringing him here that late and why did she wait so late to bring him if they hadn't had heat all day when it was only 25 degrees here?  Why didn't his FATHER give up some of his food (2 quesadilla's, 3 taco supreme's, and a 1/2 lb combo burrito) when his child got here?  Or go back out and get him something if he didn't want to cook what we had in the house?  OR even call me and ask what I was bringing home and if I could grab his kid something?  

No, I am being made out to be the bad guy when I didn't share my food with the child, nevermind the fact that he has a mother, a stepfather, a father, and my DD (pseudo-stepmom) that are responsible for him, not me.  

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:58 AM
Eh, i probably would’ve shared bc it’s pretty ballsy not to, but i would’ve been pissed too. Feeding someone else’s kid is not your responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn you eat a Lot. I wouldve given the kid a little bit.
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Why do you put up with that? Grow a set and tell them to knock that shit off or get the he’ll out. Charge them rent and groceries.
canna_perks
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:02 AM
I also would have been upset but I would have fed the child.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:04 AM
13 moms liked this
It’s more ballsy to grab someone’s food from them and demand they share. I would have said no too. If her DD had asked nicely, it would be different.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Eh, i probably would�ve shared bc it�s pretty ballsy not to, but i would�ve been pissed too. Feeding someone else�s kid is not your responsibility.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:04 AM
2 moms liked this

With that amount of food, it baffles me why sharing a meatball or something was so out of bounds. I know it's the principle of it, but I would have shared. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:06 AM
1 mom liked this

If they wanted someone to share, BF should have given up some of his food.  I just found the receipt for their food.  I didn't see it until just now when I went to throw away my trash from last night.  2 chicken quesadilla's, 3 taco supreme's, and 3 combo burritos.  2 of the combo burrito's were most likely DD's because that is what she always gets.  HE could have done without one or two of HIS items instead of them expecting me to share.  

Quoting Anonymous 2: Eh, i probably would’ve shared bc it’s pretty ballsy not to, but i would’ve been pissed too. Feeding someone else’s kid is not your responsibility.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:06 AM
Oh i agree....i think the dd and her bf are idiots for assuming she’d share....I just don’t think i could say no to a kid.

Quoting Gorilla_Mama: It’s more ballsy to grab someone’s food from them and demand they share. I would have said no too. If her DD had asked nicely, it would be different.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Eh, i probably would�ve shared bc it�s pretty ballsy not to, but i would�ve been pissed too. Feeding someone else�s kid is not your responsibility.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:08 AM

It was 8pm, I had worked all day, nothing to eat prior.  It wasn't really a lot.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: Damn you eat a Lot. I wouldve given the kid a little bit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry, but how did you raise your daughter for her to act like that?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)