Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

because I don't?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies

My bf took me along with him to a work dinner. They had a bunch of drinks but since I dont drink I was just sipping on water. Bf and I sat down at the table and one of the women asked if I wanted wine. I politely declined. She asked if I was pregnant, again I said no, I just dont like drinking. "But why?" Because I don't? She then waved me off and said I just haven't had the right drink and tried getting me wine again. I repeated that I dont like drinking and again she waved me off and said "Oh sweetie you just haven't had anything good." She still ordered me wine and it just sat there and went to waste....

This isn't the first time someone reacted that way to me saying I dont drink.... I dont drink.... I dont drink.....idk why I have to say it so many times.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:35 PM
My husbands best friends family are huge drinkers. The first time I met them I had been sick and didn't want to drink.

Later his family asked if I was old enough,because in their minds that is the only reason people dont drink!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:35 PM
3 moms liked this
Some of you keep company with the oddest people...these crazy interactions never happen to me!
krisnkids
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:36 PM
I’m 44 years old and I’ve had 2 drinks in my life. I don’t drink. I don’t like the taste. Nothing wrong with it.

People have tried. Many people have tried to get me drunk or for me to like a drink. Including 4 years in the military with heavy drinking units. No go.
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:36 PM
I completely understand the frustration, it happens to me as well. I don't hound people who drink to not drink, I don't see why I get hounded to drink when I choose not too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:37 PM
It was a work dinner....not our friends

Quoting Dzyre1115: Some of you keep company with the oddest people...these crazy interactions never happen to me!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Not that it makes it any more realistic...

Quoting Anonymous 1: It was a work dinner....not our friends

Quoting Dzyre1115: Some of you keep company with the oddest people...these crazy interactions never happen to me!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:37 PM
If you have only had 2 drinks than you certainly haven't tried man to know you don't like anything.

Quoting krisnkids: I’m 44 years old and I’ve had 2 drinks in my life. I don’t drink. I don’t like the taste. Nothing wrong with it.

People have tried. Many people have tried to get me drunk or for me to like a drink. Including 4 years in the military with heavy drinking units. No go.
404NotFound
by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:38 PM
Yeah I have the same issue. My dad died of cirrhosis, and I was around alcoholics my whole childhood. I don’t like to drink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:39 PM
I think of people who won't try a drink on par with an adult who won't try a new food. Just seems immature.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:39 PM

How annoying!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)