Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Going out to eat with kids!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
So I went to dairy queen with my mom, sister, and my 2 year old son. Well my mom went up to order her food and I was still waiting on my order. My son started to scream and squirming. And when I say scream it was a high pitch scream. I was trying to calm him down. I have a behavior therapist working and giving me tips. And I think she has given me some great tips. My sister is only 17 and she blurted out saying I just need to give a spanking. I told her I'm not doing that and would like to stick with positive parenting. And she said I'm not a good parent and that our other sisters child doesn't act that way. So I told her I'm not her. And I kindly told her I'm the mom and she kept running it in my face. Anyways how do you handle going out to eat with a screaming child? Do you just leave or get food to go the next time?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:52 PM
3 moms liked this
I agree with your sister...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:54 PM
2 moms liked this
We go to the car and wait until the kid calmed down. I would have my sister grab my food for me and I'd be back, once the kid calmed down.
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this
While waiting for the food mine always had something to occupy their time like books, crayons etc....also toys that weren't too loud. If that didn't work we walked around with them to distract them. I would never just sit there with them if they started a tantrum. Mine had very few tantrums but, that's what I would do if they did have one.
grannie_kel
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
This. The great tips don't seem to be working very well.

Quoting Dzyre1115: I agree with your sister...
Diva-Mami
by Petty LaBelle on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I remove them from the room until they calm down then return to the table. I would not tolerate that behavior. I have never had an issue since they were 18 months
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Take the kid outside until he calms down. If he cant or wont then get the food to go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM
My kids get a butt or hand pop if they act out when we are out eating. I don’t stand for that nonsense
LovingThisLifex
by Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not saying you have to spank, but if what you're doing is not working you should be willing to try something else.
JenLynWhit
by Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this
We would leave & do drive-thru. Our therapist will tell you that after making an effort to correct the behavior & not being successful, to leave the situation.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:56 PM
2 moms liked this
I wouldn't subject everyone else to the obnoxious noise. I'd wait in the car until the kid calmed down. If he didn't, I'd take my food to go. If he couldn't behave himself I'd stop taking him out to eat altogether and tell him why.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)