Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We are not giving up our reservation

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
A new family-owned restaurant just opened up in our town. Everybody has been really excited about it because there's one about 2 hours away that is amazing. We live in a small town where it's mostly casual dining and reservations aren't really a thing but this place is booked out for the next three weeks. I got reservations for my husband and I for Friday night. We got a babysitter and we are both really excited both to try out the restaurant but also to spend time together. My husband mentioned to his mother that we got reservations there. She wanted to know if we could call and get the reservation changed to 6 because my sister-in-law and her dh will be in town and really wants to go to the restaurant. She said that she had tried to get reservations but couldn't get them. My husband said no. Not only will they be unlikely or unable to change our reservation from 2 to 6 but it is a date night. My mother-in-law called me and told me that she called the restaurant and they told her that they could change the reservation from 2 people to 4 people since the smallest tables they have seat 4 so can we just give her the reservation because sister-in-law and her husband are only in town for a few days and really want to go there! I told her no. That I made the reservation and we are going. She said that I'm being selfish and that we can go anytime.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, my in-laws have always been like this. Anytime my sister-in-law wanted anything they did anything they could to make sure it happened. She was always the favorite and still is. I think I'm going to make sure that I post pictures on fb of us at the restaurant on Friday. Thankfully I don't have to worry about them showing up early and taking our reservation because I had to give my credit card in order to secure the reservation.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:23 PM
Bump
Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:25 PM
I would password protect your reservation
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:25 PM
Enjoy your night out!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:26 PM
When you show up you have to give them the credit card that you used to make the reservation under.

Quoting Talkingheads: I would password protect your reservation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

And no you should not give up your reservations.

How rude of them.  You might want to call the restaurant and make sure they know that it will only be two and  to please ask for YOUR ID before seating you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:26 PM
Thanks! Can't wait

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Enjoy your night out!
corticosteroid
by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:26 PM

If you guys know your in-laws are like this, why did your husband tell her about the plans?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM
I can't imagine asking that I've someone let alone expecting it which they clearly did

Quoting Anonymous 2:

And no you should not give up your reservations.

How rude of them

Talkingheads
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM
Good.

Quoting Anonymous 1: When you show up you have to give them the credit card that you used to make the reservation under.

Quoting Talkingheads: I would password protect your reservation
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:27 PM
He was just mentioning it in passing. He didn't even know my sister-in-law will be in town at that time or that she wanted to go

Quoting corticosteroid:

If you guys know your in-laws are like this, why did your husband tell her about the plans?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)