Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Over Use of the word "Troll"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies

In my opinion I think the use of the word "Troll" is used way too much around here by people. Who else feels this same way?

I mean when someone doesn't like or agree with what someone has to say they throw that word around like word vomit.

Sometimes when people make a post that's an innocent post doesn't mean whomever is making the post that people don't like what the post is about makes that person a "troll" just saying.

Also, making ASSumptions about a member on here when calling a member a "troll" when we don't really know if it's truly a "troll" or not makes the accuser an Ass in the first place because what's the first three letters of ASSumption aka ASSuming. Yea you get my point. When one ASSumes something about someone without FACTS  that thus makes the Accuser an ASS just saying.

Hey just something to think about ladies!

sarcasm

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:23 PM
Everything is overdone here anymore....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:24 PM
I think people don't know the meaning of the word. It's beyond overused and misused.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:25 PM

LOL you got that right. I mean I'm sorry but that word just seriously annoys me beyond belief because some just like to use it as a personal attack and they think they are so cool in doing so, yet they do it behind the Anon feature.

Quoting Dzyre1115: Everything is overdone here anymore....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:26 PM
6 moms liked this

especially ellipses...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:26 PM

Exactly. I think people also over use it because they see other people use it and pick up on it you know what I mean as if they think it's the coolest thing to do. (rolling eyes big time) because it's a joke.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think people don't know the meaning of the word. It's beyond overused and misused.

NotACatfish
by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:28 PM
5 moms liked this
I think capitalizing the word ASS at the beginning of assumptions, assume, etc., is overdone here.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:28 PM

lol I've never heard of that word ellipses. What does that mean anyway lol?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

especially ellipses...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:30 PM
I think you are trolling by trying to get everyone defensive.

Just kidding.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Well number 1 it's MY post, #2 I'll word it the way I feel fit and #3 I did it to make a point because when someone does Assume without facts than therefore they are just making an ASS out of themselves.

Quoting NotACatfish: I think capitalizing the word ASS at the beginning of assumptions, assume, etc., is overdone here.

corticosteroid
by on Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

How about you toss a screen name on this PSA?  You know, so we know who to thank?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)