Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband doesnt understand why Im pissed!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 94 Replies

I haven't had a job in the last 12 yrs of our marriage. A couple of months ago I decided to go into direct sales, for a well known company that I cant mention. Last night I had my first sales party at a close friend/ costumer of mine's house. I told my husband about this weeks in advance and asked him to stay with our two kids ages 3 and 5 for a few hours. Come last night, I get to the party and not even 30 minutes in my husband calls to ask when Im coming home. I tell him that we just set everything up and we are waiting for guests to arrive. So another 30 minutes in, my husband calls and asks the same thing. I get irritated and said it wont be any time soon and to stop calling because Im getting ready to show off some of my displays. Then he starts calling and texting me every 5 minutes, sending text like " are you done yet?" " when will you be done" " the kids are screaming for you when are you going to be done with your party" " I wish I get to go party with my friends when I felt like it". Now mind you, this is the first time I've been out of the house, social wise, for the last 6 years. He has been out way more often than I have. And this wasnt some kind of keger, I was working! I shut my phone off and then he started blowing up my friends home phone. It was so embarrassing because the women could tell my husband was just being an ass. He doesn't understand why Im so upset and says I am being irrational. Who is irrational here? Me? Really? Because last I checked, I've never called his wok phone repeatedly asking him when he was going to come home. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mollyk124
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Why can’t he handle the kids for a few hours? Is being alone with the kids new for him?
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:59 PM
4 moms liked this
You can't mention a direct sales company anonymously??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:00 PM
That wouldn't fly in my house. What an asshole. You need to start going out more often.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you need to call him at work tomorrow. ;)
jessi19
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this

Wow I’d be so embarrassed. Sorry he’s such an ass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this
If I was your friend I would have told him to stop calling or I’d be sending the police his way. It’s one thing to blow up your wife’s phone, fuck with me and I get pissed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I’d say you both are in this senerio. Direct sales isn’t working. You’d have to sell 10k (that’s a shit load of ds crap) just to make 2500. Its usually huge financial drain on a family.

He was also way too uncomfortable being alone with his own kids. 3 and 5 are old enough for a man to handle.
Lynette
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Even if you weren’t working he’d be wrong.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM
He’s being a dick but I’m sure to him, it’s not a real job, you’re off having parties. If you ever actually make an income from this, that may change but it may be that you would have been better off getting a regular type job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2018 at 9:03 PM
I'm confused as to why you just didn't say I won't be home till 10 p.m. Or whatever time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)