Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Make up questions... I have been experimenting

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:54 AM
  • 32 Replies
and trying to wear a little more makeup. I hate all of it every time.
Could I be doing something wrong or I just am never going to like make up on me?
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 8:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:07 AM

What have you tried ? I find a little mascara, lip gloss and blush make a huge difference. I do it daily and it just freshens up my face.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:11 AM

I'm doing the same thing.  I'm going to be 37 and I look really old without makeup now.  I hate it and have never figured out how to do eye liner without looking stupid.  I've been watching youtube videos with my teenage daughter and figured out how to do eye makeup for our eye type.  We have hooded eyes so doing eye shadow the regular way looks really silly and makes me look older.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:12 AM
I don't hate it, but I only wear it for special occasions. I just really can't be bothered, my face is just my face.

Mascara, a little brow filler, blush and lip gloss is as fancy as I get.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Depends on what you have tried. It’s mostly just practice makes perfect. But if you don’t like it, don’t force yourself to.
ILovemyPaulie
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:15 AM

I think the most important thing to use to make you look the best is a good foundation.  Evens up your skin. Then I use a bronzer powder on my cheeks, a little eyeliner and lipstick. I wear that combo every day.  Rimmel makes a great inexpensive foundation with an SPF in it.

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:16 AM
I always like gloss
Mascara I can feel it on my eyelashes
Blush I tried but with my complexion it always looks unnatural
Eye shadow, if someone else does it. I like it
If I do it. I hate it

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

What have you tried ? I find a little mascara, lip gloss and blush make a huge difference. I do it daily and it just freshens up my face.

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:17 AM
I think I look fine without
Maybe that’s why I can’t get into it for me
But I love it on other people

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm doing the same thing.  I'm going to be 37 and I look really old without makeup now.  I hate it and have never figured out how to do eye liner without looking stupid.  I've been watching youtube videos with my teenage daughter and figured out how to do eye makeup for our eye type.  We have hooded eyes so doing eye shadow the regular way looks really silly and makes me look older.

MissHavisham
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:18 AM

I think a tinted moisturizer, nude shadow, filled brows, mascara, and lip gloss would be great on you. What kind of mascara are you using. I'm really picky about that stuff. 

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I think that is how I feel most of the time
I can cover up this discoloration I have
But most of the time
I don’t care.
Lip gloss, I love gloss

Quoting Danesmommy1: I don't hate it, but I only wear it for special occasions. I just really can't be bothered, my face is just my face.

Mascara, a little brow filler, blush and lip gloss is as fancy as I get.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:19 AM
i don't go anywhere without a full face-primer, concealer, foundation, bronzer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, lipstick. I feel very naked and plain without it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)