Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD got her hair done...

Posted by   + Show Post

Mobile Photo

She loves it! She is so proud, haha...she feels like a big girl.

Now she can't wait to show it off at clinic!
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 3:51 PM
Replies (41-50):
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
So far so good! We have another CT scan on Valentine's day to make sure the fungal infections are still clearing up. Her cough has been much better, though!

And we decided to keep her out only if it shows up in her classroom. So far no one in her class has been flu confirmed. Her teacher let us send in clorox wipes, so she's been wiping down her areas, lunch table, etc and basically bathing in sanitizer, haha...we also have a "biohazard" area set up by the front door for when she gets home. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Quoting ReedusStalker:

I bet has it been fun.  It's like introducing foods to a baby, only shes old enough to express to you what she really likes and dislikes.  Good for her!  She deserves a little fun even if it's just in her hair. 

How are her lungs? Still getting better?  And what did you decide do about your other daughter is school?  Are you keeping her out for a little bit? 

Quoting LucyMom08: Yes! The Cushing's seems to be going away big time, she's almost off the steroids completely!

Her appetite is decent. She's not eating enough by mouth to gain/maintain, but she's doing well with overnight feeds to keeps her weight up! Her gastroparesis is under control right now, so she's also been trying a wider variety of foods! So that has been fun, seeing her branch out finally...

Quoting ReedusStalker:

Her facial swelling from her meds seems to be going down. How has her eating been? 

Google_Me_Now
by Don’t Trust Google on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:07 PM
All she said was “well” how is that unkind?

Quoting Anonymous 1:
Quoting Peanuts1962: Well.

Her dd has been having medical issues. You might want to be kind.
KeepOnTryin
by Melissa on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM
Very cute!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Just because a kid has cancer doesn't mean that everyone has to love her hair.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Her DD is very ill. Cancer I believe. So no it def is NOT awful! She’s rockin it!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Thats an awful haircut. But as long as she likes it everyone has to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous 8:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Maybe the original poster would like to be kind and people would show kindness in return.

1) the OPer has not been rude in this thread that I have seen.
2) you believe if a person is not nice to you that it’s okay to go after their small children? How awful... Regardless of how much I dislike a person, I can’t imagine bullying them by saying hateful things about their children, especially if that child is very sick. Speaks a lot about the person who does do things like that...
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM
2 moms liked this
I have lavender too, haha! It's so fun...

And she has been feeling so much better! She started her homebound, and has so much more energy...

Quoting SDmomma-3: Lol I have...well had hot pink and purple in my hair, it's faded now into a what they call rose gold and lavender. I like it. She looks great and so happy, I like the style too. How's she been feeling lately?

Quoting LucyMom08: Hot pink! She was trying to decide between that and purple, haha...

Quoting SDmomma-3: Is that red or hot pink? Either way, she's rockin' it!
Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM

Oh, it looks really cute!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Quoting Google_Me_Now: All she said was “well” how is that unkind?

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I was warning her in case she planned to make fun of the child. As we can see others here are starting to do...
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:10 PM
1 mom liked this
She didn't have much to work with, since it was thinning like crazy. She wanted something other than bald, or buzz cut, again...

Quoting Anonymous 10: Just because a kid has cancer doesn't mean that everyone has to love her hair.

Quoting Anonymous 7: Her DD is very ill. Cancer I believe. So no it def is NOT awful! She’s rockin it!

Quoting Anonymous 2: Thats an awful haircut. But as long as she likes it everyone has to
Mom2theboy1994
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 4:11 PM

So much sass in such a little body! ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)