Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Shopping for junk with food stamps?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 184 Replies
I get food stamps and I get nothing but healthy items. No junk ever. It freaking annoys me that their are some who get freaking junk! I work but I make less to get food stamps. Well I went shopping with my boyfriends sister in law and she gets 700 in food stamps and her husband works and she stays home and she bought nothing but junk. Chicken nuggets and soda. And when I say soda I mean 6 packs of 6 pack bottles. Snack cakes candy. Ugh. No vegetables or fruit in her cart. Makes me sick that people get 700 and one person works and they still get more and by junk. I mean they have 3 kids. I'm only getting 69 in food stamps. And I sometimes go to my local pantry and try to get healthier items.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2018 at 6:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotACatfish
by on Jan. 22, 2018 at 6:59 PM
12 moms liked this
I can’t find a fuck to give about what people buy with food stamps.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Mind your own grocery cart, dear. Theirs is none of your concern.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:02 PM
I used to have to tell the food pantry no treats. I was only there for food.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
One on FS judges what another non tax payer spends tax payer dollars on...isn’t it ironic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:03 PM

If it's allowed to purchase with food stamps it's none of your business what is purchased.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I worked at a grocery store for years. You’d be amazed how often that happens.

I’m completely convinced that you can’t work at a grocery store AND think food stamps (the way they are now) are a good idea.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM
I get $490. I get meat, pasta, i buy little vegetables. I think i got 2 green peppers, carrots, potatoes, can mix vegetables for beef stew but i also buy junk, i buy soda and 2 liters, i buy snack cakes, potato chips, koolaid, fruit pies, Chicken nuggets, pizza snacks, Mini pizza and so forth. It last me all month
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this
Mind your own groceries.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:05 PM
5 moms liked this
You're working less hours in order to get food stamps, you are in no position to judge anyone.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2018 at 7:06 PM
Ew!

Quoting Anonymous 6: I get $490. I get meat, pasta, i buy little vegetables. I think i got 2 green peppers, carrots, potatoes, can mix vegetables for beef stew but i also buy junk, i buy soda and 2 liters, i buy snack cakes, potato chips, koolaid, fruit pies. It last me all month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)