Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you don't like it, YOU can go shopping then

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm making my shopping list for tomorrow and dh just came over and peaked at it.

I wrote "juices" cause I forgot the kind i wanted. I will know it when I see it.

He was what kind of juice? Cranberry? Lemon?you have to be specific or you will go off list!

I said "I will write down Orange mango but I forgot the brand. It's NBD."

He kept going on about going off list and over budget. So I scratched it out. And now he's pissed at that.

Dude next week you can go shopping alone! I do the meal planning, all the shopping and 95% of the cooking.

I will buy what I feel like buying!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:10 PM
Stupid, what does the brand matter on the list? I told my dd to make a list once and she put meat on there. Not ground beef, chicken or pork, just meat lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Is he always this stressful? I can't imagine dh giving a shit about what juice I buy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:11 PM
Beats me! I should have just said some stupid brand name to get him off my ass

Quoting bleumonster: Stupid, what does the brand matter on the list? I told my dd to make a list once and she put meat on there. Not ground beef, chicken or pork, just meat lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:12 PM
No. He's usually chill. Idk what his deal was. Maybe he was joking? It was just the way he went about it

Quoting Anonymous 2: Is he always this stressful? I can't imagine dh giving a shit about what juice I buy.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 22, 2018 at 9:18 PM
Obviously he was just looking for an argument...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:01 PM

Huh?  If you have to write a paragraph for each thing, the list is no longer convenient.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:05 PM
Sounds like a weirdo. My husband has never looked at my shopping lists or meal plans. I buy what I buy and he eats what's cooked. I agree, if he started monitoring my lists he'd be doing the shopping himself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 7:38 AM
He looks because he likes choosing the meals but he's never given me crap about it.

I think he was just being an ass

Quoting Anonymous 4: Sounds like a weirdo. My husband has never looked at my shopping lists or meal plans. I buy what I buy and he eats what's cooked. I agree, if he started monitoring my lists he'd be doing the shopping himself.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 7:44 AM

You should have told him that it's your list and to leave you the fuck alone.

TB78
by Tasha on Jan. 23, 2018 at 7:47 AM
Something sounds fishy to me. I'd be wondering what is going on with him.
Could he be stressing at work, or around the house over something?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)