Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it really bad to go on a low calorie diet while breastfeeding?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
I want to go down to 1200 calories.

Edit: I already exercise and eat healthy.

Yesterday I burned 2,493 calories and consumed 1,790 calories. I took 19,550 steps.

I ate-

10 calories Prenatal multi + DHA
94 calories 0.5 cup balsamic vinegar
40 calories 1 cup sweet red peppers
152 calories 0.75 cup 2% fat cottage cheese
220 calories 11 cups organic baby spinach
228 calories 1.75 cup total 0% Greek strained yogurt
90 calories 4 egg whites
124 calories 1 T avocado oil
43 calories 1 cup diced organic honey crisp apple
300 calories 1 cup rolled oats
10 calories 3 cups raw coriander
320 calories 0.5 cup organic quinoa
143 calories bottom steak sirloin, petite cut
0 calories 2 cups municipal water
0 calories 10 12 oz. cans line flavored La Croix sparkling water
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:31 AM
I do t see why it would be.
Marie207
by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:37 AM

Well yeah.  They always told us to eat good before feeding the baby.  That's why many went to similac, so we could enjoy our new bundles of joy and do us too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:39 AM
4 moms liked this
You need 2000-2500, and a balanced healthy diet. If you don't your body will deplete itself of nutrients. Then your milk quality will suffer, which also means baby isn't getting what it needs. Then your supply will drop or stop altogether.

If you're eating right, lots of mixed veggies, lean proteins, fruits, limited grains and sugars the it doesn't really matter if your at 3000+ calories. No one is getting fat off broccoli and lettuce.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:40 AM
I know I'm supposed to eat at least 1800 calories a day, but my weight loss has been so slow. Only about one kilo a month.

Quoting Marie207:

Well yeah.  They always told us to eat good before feeding the baby.  That's why many went to similac, so we could enjoy our new bundles of joy and do us too. 

Marie207
by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:43 AM

If you know what you are supposed to be doing, then do it, of get a baby bottle.  The babies don't get much with that thin as  water milk anyway.  It cannot afford to be cut in calories.  lol

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know I'm supposed to eat at least 1800 calories a day, but my weight loss has been so slow. Only about one kilo a month.
Quoting Marie207:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
How old is baby?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I know I'm supposed to eat at least 1800 calories a day, but my weight loss has been so slow. Only about one kilo a month.

Quoting Marie207:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:45 AM
4 moms liked this
Yeah it's crazy how the human race has thrived on that shitty thin water milk for thousands of years. 🙄

Quoting Marie207:

If you know what you are supposed to be doing, then do it, of get a baby bottle.  The babies don't get much with that thin as  water milk anyway.  It cannot afford to be cut in calories.  lol

Quoting Marie207:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:46 AM
My baby's in the 85th percentile for weight, so I know he's getting something. His thighs have rolls, lol. But my weight loss is just so slow. It's frustrating.

Quoting Marie207:

Quoting Marie207:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:47 AM
Six months

Quoting Anonymous 3: How old is baby?

Quoting Marie207:

susannah2000
by Emerald Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Only if you don't care that the baby would be on a starvation  diet. I am glad that you have your priorities in order, your weight over the health and nourishment of the baby.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)