Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Proud Mom!!

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
3 moms liked this

My oldest DS got accepted to UNCG for next year! We live in NC, Our only stipulation to college was that it had to be in state. We can't afford an out of state college. He has a partial scholarship for soccer. I am so proud of him!

by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:15 AM
Congratulations
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:19 AM
Great! My brorther was UNCW.
I went out of state all the way to big bad New York. 😂 crappy that I fell in love and stayed. ðŸĪŠ

I miss my family. Been here 24 years.
balagan_imma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:23 AM

Congratulations! 

We were lucky in that our kids got enough in scholarships that they both got to go to their dream school out of state for roughly the same cost as our state schools. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:28 AM

Contratulations!  That's wonderful news.  Is he excited about starting?

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2018 at 9:32 AM
Congratulations!!
pEACEBWU
by New Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 3:44 PM

Congratulations!!!  Is your DS excited about this opportunity?  Did your DS want to go to college out of state?  If so, had you considered offering the support you could do and leaving the problem solving and choice up to your DS, if he chose to go out of state?  We offered free room and board, suggested which schools to attend for best bang for the buck, trained in budget and finance and then left the decision up to each child.  They started with suggestions but eventually wound up taking their own road.  There's not greater pride than when our children begin to make choices, learn from their own path, and walk in the calling they were born for. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)