Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're on welfare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 476 Replies
3 moms liked this
So all you are supposed to do is work, work and more work. At least that is what people on here seem to think.

They should NEVER have fun, They should NEVER take time off, they should NEVER spend time with their kids.

It now that time of the year. People are filing their tax returns. Since most of you don't think anyone should do anything fun, what should they do with their tax refunds. Yeah i know save it but do you think they can't splurge a little and have a bit of fun?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:11 PM
11 moms liked this
That's what I'd be doing, personally. I've never wanted to live in poverty, so I'd do anything in my power to change my circumstances.

Some of the people on here boast about $10k refunds. That would go a long way at a trade school.
Damn_Pixi
by Morgie on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:11 PM

I don't get a huge return, but the little we get, we will go out to eat, set money aside for the kids birthdays (both happen in the next 4 months) and put the rest in savings. 

StarLight23
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:11 PM
6 moms liked this

I think some that get those huge tax refunds should be saving it. THEY are the ones that sign up for charities for Christmas because it's some sort of surprise every year they need to go buy presents and decorations.

They should splurge, but not a lot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:12 PM
The only person i have ever known to get that much made $150k and 4 kids. I have never known a low income family get $10k even my bff who is low income and 4 kids. The most she got was $7k

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's what I'd be doing, personally. I've never wanted to live in poverty, so I'd do anything in my power to change my circumstances.

Some of the people on here boast about $10k refunds. That would go a long way at a trade school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:13 PM
I use my tax return to either pay of the little debt we have or i put it in savings. 🤷🏽‍♀️.i don’t get more than I put in though. I don’t get welfare. My sister does and she blows her refund and then bitches that she doesn’t have any money after about 2 months.
Momma2Warriors
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:13 PM
11 moms liked this
They should take that money invest it in their education to pull themselves out of poverty.

They don't need iphones and 50+" tvs.
VegetaPrincess
by Ruby Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:13 PM
9 moms liked this

If they're intelligent they'll use it to get ahead so they don't have to be on welfare the rest of their lives.

But I don't expect intelligence out of human beings anymore. People are fucking stupid. 

Why-Not
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
We don’t see a tax return, if everything works out the way we planned we’ll write a check for just under $1,000 and call it an end to 2017.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:15 PM
6 moms liked this
Depends on your financial situation honestly. If people are giving you grief for blowing money it's probably for a reason.
mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Jan. 23, 2018 at 1:16 PM
2 moms liked this

The only time we have ever gotten a large refund was the year after we adopted our daughter. We had to claim everything we spent on the adoption as well as what Dh's work and my former company gave us as an adoption credit.. we got a $17,000 refund that year. It all went into savings to recoup what we had spent on the adoption. 

I can't fathom getting a large refund and blowing it instead of saving it, but that is just me..I'm a money hoarder though. LOL 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)