Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We're having the wedding sooner they can get over it or don't come!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm engaged to a wonderful man who loves my 8 year old daughter as his own after I went through a divorce years ago with my ex-husband and had our wedding set to December 1 it was going to be at Disneyland. Well a few weeks ago I found out my twin sister was diagnosed with terminal breast cancer and giving her 3-4 months to live and she told me I can take care of her 2 year old son when she passed away she is a single mom like I was and she doesn't trust her deadbeat baby daddy to take care of him. I talked to my fiancee and since my sister is going to be the maid of honor anyways he and I are going to have our wedding on February 3 at our church we go to so she can see our wedding. I told the people who were invited to get over it or don't show up at all, my sister is dying and she all I have before my daughter was born I grew up with abusive parents and both my sister and I went to a foster home and got kicked out at 18, she lived with me for years at an apartment before we both got careers and our own places. My sister last wish was to be at my wedding, the first time I got married was at the court house my ex and I didn't have a wedding and my fiancee want me to have a wedding and we decided to have it sooner so my sister can be there. They can complain all the want because we are having it sooner it's not about them. Also pray for my sister as she's going through this.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 23, 2018 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linz808
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 3:58 PM
I agree, its your special day! I got engaged and we planned our wedding for the summer but my mom ended up coming across country to visit and probaby wasn't going to be able to come in the summer so I called all my family and my dad and gave everyone 2 weeks to make arrangements. Dad never made it, which i knew was going to happen. I decided having my wedding in 2 weeks and having 1 parent there was better than waiting and having 2 parents not there.

Your sister is obviously one of the most important people in your life, anyone who complains can suck it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:01 PM
So get married then with something small and then again with what you planned.
momto2boys973
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:02 PM

I agree with you. It’s your day and you’re obviously doing it earlier for someone that’s very special to you. I couldn’t imagine anyone bitching about it.

I’m sorry about your sister. I pray you and her find peace and strength. Hugs!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
You’re coming across a little harsh here. I hope you handled this with a little more grace in real life...
tmdteacher2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:03 PM
2 moms liked this

I am glad you are doing this so your sister can be there. However, you need to get legal custody of your nephew. Bio dad will have rights when your sister is gone..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:06 PM
Her POS ex walked out in her before her son was born and he hasn't seen his son since and he's been in and out of jail. My sister went to court after she was diagnosed to put me as a legal guardian to my nephew if something happens to her and I don't want anything to happen to her and my nephew needs his mommy.

Quoting tmdteacher2:

I am glad you are doing this so your sister can be there. However, you need to get legal custody of your nephew. Bio dad will have rights when your sister is gone..

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:07 PM
Were people complaining? Why the harshness?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM
I'm not only doing this for us, I'm doing this for my sister as well. My first marriage my ex and I got married at the court house didn't have a wedding.

Quoting Anonymous 3: You’re coming across a little harsh here. I hope you handled this with a little more grace in real life...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:08 PM
I love that you’re selflessly moving your wedding so your sister can enjoy herself despite her sickness and make more happy memories with her baby. Congrats and everyone else can screw off!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 23, 2018 at 4:09 PM
People who I have invited did complain after we announce we we're having the wedding sooner.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Were people complaining? Why the harshness?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)