Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have my family again 😊

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:33 PM
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this
So we did it. After 8 years I'm back with the love of my life, and I really can't imagine anything sweeter. We have an amazing story. And I admire him for what he has done to come back to us. I know none of you care about my life, but I'm just the happiest I have ever been, and felt like I needed to share.

That's our daughter. She just turned 9.

**Thank you everyone for the well wishes. And I want to add that our story is amazing to ME, probably not everyone else, as it is a little small town cliche, but the ending is where it gets me lol. Anyways, He saw me reading a book in my front yard, under a tree one day, and decided to come talk to me. That was the end all. I was 14 and he was the 16 yr old bad boy. My parents didn't like him very much. By 16 I was pregnant. And as the cliche goes, we split. I went through the pregnancy by myself mostly. We tried again when she was a few months old, but that lasted less than a year, because he was dabblin in stuff he shouldn't of been,
which led to him being not the person my daughter and I needed at the time (that's all I'm saying about that, not trying to put EVERYTHING out there). We had a lot of heart break with each other and I was convinced I was done. And I was done for many years. He was in a bad place. But one phone call to our daughter made him change his whole outlook on his life, and he dug himself out. Over time he thrived, he became the dad our girl deserved. Like for real awesome. We had a good relationship when it came to our daughter, he worked with me, I worked with him, we just got along in general. He would call and talk to DD, and when they were done, we would talk on the phone for upwards to an hour or 2. Or it was common for us to talk for a half hour or more at pick up and drop offs. It was just natural, every bit of our interactions. Something I never had with anyone else. I loved him, and he loved me, but we we're both caught up in our separate lives we had going on. I was with someone, and so was he. Fate have it, we became single roughly around the same time. I convinced him to stay one night when he dropped our girl off, and again, it was the end all. Turns out he had been playing the long game, this was something he wanted since the day I left him when I was 18 years old, unbeknownst to me. I only had known I still loved him for the last 4 years so I was late to the game, we just hadn't said anything. But we are here now 12 years after our first encounter. We have a lot of history, a lot of love, and a 9 year old daughter.

There is a lot more to the story, I'm just trying to not have my phone stuck in my face for hours on end trying to type this out lol.
by on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:39 PM
Can you share your story???
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:39 PM
I don't know your backstory, sorry.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:40 PM
Wonderful! Here’s to many more years for you guys!!🥂
squeekers
by squeekers on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:41 PM
No back story necessary. Glad to see you all happy.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:42 PM
As long as you're happy, forget what others think.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:43 PM
Where was he?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:44 PM
Care to share your love story?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:45 PM

okay.

canna_perks
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2018 at 5:48 PM
Congratulations and best wishes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 23, 2018 at 6:45 PM
Beautiful family
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)