Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who are afraid of driving on the highway

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 140 Replies
Is this a common fear? Why are you afraid of it? How do you get anywhere you need to go?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Those people scare me. You can always tell if they are scared. They brake for no reason and go very slow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm a semi truck driver. I just want to say if you are afraid to drive please don't. Get a lift. My jobs hard enough without incompetent drivers on the road.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:19 AM
I hate driving on the highway and avoid it at all costs because it's dangerous to others. I have anxiety and the highway is too crowded and too open at the same time.
jules2boys
by on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:19 AM
I live in Southern California, I'd never get anywhere if I didn't drive on the highways/freeways. Lol

I'm not afraid to drive anywhere.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm afraid of driving, period.

My DH does the driving.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:20 AM
I’ve known a couple. I don’t get it, I feel way better on highways than downtown.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:21 AM
I'm just afraid to be in a wreck. I don't trust other drivers or myself to react fast enough. I'd rather be in a wreck at 40 mph than 80 mph. I don't take the highway ever. I take back roads. It is beginning to interfere with my life. DD is on a gymnastics team now and I'm wondering what to do if she gets moved to the next level. She'll be required to go to all the meets, which requires me on a highway.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

I would rather not drive the freeway any more though I do because of the idiots on the road.  They will go from the far left across 4 lanes and out the exit in one swoop and there is little room to spare  or the other direction.  Most do not know what a turn signal is  and most are on the phone or actually texting.  Irritating at best.

MistressMonster
by Sour Grapes on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:24 AM

I just hate all the dingbats in general out on the road. I can get to quite a few places without ever having to get on the freeway or highway. I drive on both if need be.

Donna.Dr.Friend
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 1:32 AM
1 mom liked this
I hate highway driving. Doesn't scare me. I have no problem doing so when I have to, but I do avoid it as much as I can. I just prefer my quieter back roads, and you discover some cool stuff when you take the scenic route.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)