Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is right?

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:10 AM
  • 28 Replies
My car is in the shop waiting on a part. I’m using the car my teens usually drive, so they do not have a car now. Dh and I both leave for work at 7am. Today is finals, and my teens do not have to be to school other than to take tests. Today are the 1st, 3rd and 5th hour finals. Dd has a first hour final, ds has a 3rd hour final. Dd has to be at school at 9, ds at 10:30.
Ds asked his grandpa for a ride (they live about a mile from us). Ds was told to look up His schedule and refused, asked for the ride to drop him off at 9. Realized an hour ago he doesn’t need a ride until later, was about to tell his grandpa not until 10:30 and I said no. Dd still needs to be there at 9 and he will have to study at school until his final. Ds is mad. He says he arranged the ride so dd should go with me at 7am.

Should dd go an hour and a half early or should ds?
by on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:22 AM
How are they getting home
illneverbeold
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:24 AM
I would make them both come with me and drop them off at school on the way to work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:27 AM
I would of told both to take the bus a be there all day. There’s always studying to be done. Also bottom line you’re Mom so princess can go early.
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:30 AM
1 mom liked this
I think of one has to be there a significant amount of time before their final, it should be your daughter. Your son is the one who took the initiative to arrange a ride for himself. Your daughter could have done the same, but didn't.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:32 AM
There is no bus. They are open enrolled onto a neighboring district

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would of told both to take the bus a be there all day. There’s always studying to be done. Also bottom line you’re Mom so princess can go early.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:32 AM
I'd take them both at 7 and let their grandparent stay home and sleep. It's not going to kill either of them to be at school early.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:37 AM
Then they would have been dropped off when I went to work. They’re high school not infants. They’ll be fine going early.

Quoting Spam72: There is no bus. They are open enrolled onto a neighboring district

Quoting Anonymous 2: I would of told both to take the bus a be there all day. There’s always studying to be done. Also bottom line you’re Mom so princess can go early.
Elyce225
by on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:38 AM

My son would be going with dd and grandpa earlier. He can study there.
blessed107
by Diamond Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:41 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting brysonsmommy_10: I think of one has to be there a significant amount of time before their final, it should be your daughter. Your son is the one who took the initiative to arrange a ride for himself. Your daughter could have done the same, but didn't.
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jan. 24, 2018 at 7:52 AM
2 moms liked this
If I read this right grandpa was asked to pick them up to drop them at 9. That would be how it would play out. Grandpa is doing a favor. Don't try to change things up with him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)