Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You’re suspended from school, this is not a vacation!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:41 AM
  • 94 Replies
12 moms liked this
So my 14 year old was suspended for getting involved in a 16 person fight at school. He claims he was just using the bathroom when they all busted in fighting (yeah ok 👌 I totally believe that one!) so he wasn’t in school yesterday or today and I have to reinstate him tomorrow morning.

Anyway, he thinks he’s on vacation. Lmao! No no I don’t think so. There is no sleeping in I’ll wake you up at the time you’re supposed to when you have school (5:30 am) you do not get to watch tv that’s for damn sure. All those pesky cleaning chores I’ve been meaning to get to are now your responsibility (2 closets needed to be cleaned, there’s a nice pile of laundry and that oven is looking rather dull). Along with regular chores (sweeping, mopping and vacuuming and dishes). You’ll be in your room by 8 pm for the night with nothing but a school book to keep you company.

Oh this is a vacation, sadly not for him but for me. I think it’s safe to say he won’t be getting in trouble in school for a while. He’s already asking if I can call the school to see if they’ll let him come back today because I have a mile long to do list!
by on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:44 AM
Teenagers suck sometimes. Hopefully it is a learning experience for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
You might want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know principals who suspended everyone in the area of the fight. That included students who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no clue what the hell he was thinking! I know he’s pretty damn sorry now lol! He said everyone else that got suspended is probably just hanging out at home, well you’re not everybody else and I’m not their mother so yeah lol you don’t get to have fun

Quoting Anonymous 1: Teenagers suck sometimes. Hopefully it is a learning experience for him.
Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this
His ass slipped and said he knew it was going to happen and when but back tracked real quick and said but I didn’t know it was going to happen in that bathroom. Please kid, I was a teenager myself not too long ago and I’m not that naive!

Quoting Anonymous 2: You might want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know principals who suspended everyone in the area of the fight. That included students who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
karene999
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:49 AM

Good for you for making him have some real consequences.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:50 AM
I'd be furious after hearing that.

Quoting Madeyemoody: His ass slipped and said he knew it was going to happen and when but back tracked real quick and said but I didn’t know it was going to happen in that bathroom. Please kid, I was a teenager myself not too long ago and I’m not that naive!

Quoting Anonymous 2: You might want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know principals who suspended everyone in the area of the fight. That included students who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:53 AM

Way to go momma.  keep up the good work. :)

Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:54 AM
I seriously sat there looking at him like he lost his god damn mind after he told me that. I told Dh last night kids aren’t as smart these days because I sure the hell wouldn’t have told my mom that lol

Quoting Anonymous 2: I'd be furious after hearing that.

Quoting Madeyemoody: His ass slipped and said he knew it was going to happen and when but back tracked real quick and said but I didn’t know it was going to happen in that bathroom. Please kid, I was a teenager myself not too long ago and I’m not that naive!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:55 AM
I was punched by a boy in school. I had to go see if I had a broken nose, he was just sent to class. Like really?!

Madeyemoody
by Constant vigilance on Jan. 25, 2018 at 9:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I know parents who will let their kids do whatever when they get suspended. Oh no that’s not how it works! Kids don’t care about a suspension, it’s a few days off of school! I think they should do away with that and do weekend detentions. Make them all sit in a classroom on a Saturday and Sunday for 6 hours writing an essay on the most mundane subject you can think of.

Quoting karene999:

Good for you for making him have some real consequences.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)