Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

We’re so dysfunctional!!!! My ex moved back in, and it kind of works

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
I had been with my child’s father for 14 years

We were in a happy, monogamous relationship for 9 years when everything changed.

Ask for details in the comments if you want, but basically after a bad accident, our lives spiraled out of control and our marriage didn’t survive it

So we separated, divorced, dated other people. Due to some financial issues, he has since moved back in with us.
We all worried there would be a lot of drama, but it’s been a year now, and it works!

It’s so much easier with the kids. We’re both able to save so much money. We both date other people, we just keep it away from the house.

And best of all, we don’t fight like before. We get along even better than when we were married!

All that bitterness and drama from our relationship just doesn’t come up anymore. He’s like my best friend again

I know if either of us meet someone we want a future with, we’re going to have to figure shit out, but for now I’m plesantly surprised, but it works
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 3, 2018 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 3, 2018 at 11:37 PM
My kid is 4. We've been doing that for 2.5 years now. It's worked great for us as well.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 3, 2018 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great that you guys are making it work. Some people are just better friends.
Aolekeia
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2018 at 11:39 PM

As long as it works for your family...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 3, 2018 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Same only we shared a house for 3 years. It was my husband, myself his ex wife her husband and all of our collective kids. (We only share sd) it worked so well we just bought property last year and built individual houses on it. So now we are simply neighbors/best friends/parents with a gorgeous pond in the middle. I wouldn’t change my family for anything.
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 7:25 AM
Whatever works!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 4, 2018 at 7:31 AM
I would have murdered my ex but whatever works for you great! I had and still do, too much anger. I don't dwell on it but I couldn't live with him again.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 7:34 AM
Our neighbors divorced. They still had Sunday dinners and vacationed together. Years later, they bought a new house together and moved close to their grandbaby. One of my cousins was married four times...twice to the same guy. Whatever works.
mommy404204
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 7:39 AM
My ex lives with my husband and I. We broke up about 4 years ago. We are much better as friends than we were when we were together. If it works for you than do it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)