Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you get annoyed having constant company?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies
Just curious if anyone else gets annoyed about having company over all the time. My dh is a social butterfly I’m not so much. Every single day we have company or someone over. 99% of the time they don’t call, just show up . It’s mostly my dh’s friends or family. Or my ss, his gf and her 2 kids are over every single day. It drives me crazy because I feel like I can never relax because someone is always showing up unannounced. I also have 3 kids ages 18mths-11 so my house is usually chaotic enough . My dh and I have had many arguments over this , yet nothing changes. It’s seriously to the point that I almost want to move out and live separately.
I don’t mind socializing and having company over but I would prefer it be planned. Sometimes i just want to hang out at my house without people and tons of kids running around.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ilovemykids323
by on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:35 PM
2 moms liked this

yeah taht would drive me crazy. i dont mind company but i want my time too.

Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
If they aren't invited don't answer the door.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:36 PM
We only entertain on Sunday....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like anyone at my home. I don't like someone else's energy in my home. I will pay for hotels for visitors and if someone wants to socially hang out, it is always out.

I've even gotten a hotel suite for girls movie night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't like having company.
randi1978
by Murdoc's Mistress on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
OMFG that would drive me batshit.

I'm so sorry you are dealing with that.
armytriplets
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:37 PM
I love to entertain but it definitely has to be planned and only once in a while. My home is my sanctuary. I am sorry yours feels like It is under constant invasion!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:37 PM
I don’t usually if my husband isn’t home and it’s one of his friends. But anytime my husband is home we always have a crowd of people because he invites them in....

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: If they aren't invited don't answer the door.
Iguessiwasbad13
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Either go to your room or send them to another part of the house. I'd refuse to play that game.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don’t usually if my husband isn’t home and it’s one of his friends. But anytime my husband is home we always have a crowd of people because he invites them in....

Quoting Iguessiwasbad13: If they aren't invited don't answer the door.
BootsBootsBoots
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2018 at 9:39 PM
Thats how my ex husbands moms house was/is.
I could t do it. We would come home on leave and stay with her and it was just an endless stream of kids and adults.
I would end up spending most of the time at my own mothers just to get some quite
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)