Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is a Christian?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
So my aunt posted on social media saying she will call anyone out for cussing if they go to church and believe in God! Now I go to church and believe in God and was even baptized and I firmly believe calling anyone out is a little wrong. As a Christian I believe its our job to say something but also not judge anyone. I do my best to spread his word but I try to respect others beliefs as well
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2018 at 12:18 PM
Replies (21-30):
JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:05 PM

Okay.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Boo tar heel!!
Quoting JalynSpoon:

I am & I don't worry about anyone else, just myself.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:11 PM
Like people who believe that God forbids women show their faces in public.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Please enlighten me about radical Muslims.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Like Mormons...a good example of going too far with "religion ".

Quoting Anonymous 5: WTH. What about the radical Christians.

Quoting Anonymous 4: People take religion so wrong! And refer every detail in life about it! That reminds me of the Muslim and radical thinking!
God is love, be good, pray, love and help others. That's all! The rest are just interpretations that make priests make tons if money in the USA.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:12 PM
What religion is that? If you’re gonna say Islam you will be wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Like people who believe that God forbids women show their faces in public.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Like Mormons...a good example of going too far with "religion ".

Quoting Anonymous 4: People take religion so wrong! And refer every detail in life about it! That reminds me of the Muslim and radical thinking!
God is love, be good, pray, love and help others. That's all! The rest are just interpretations that make priests make tons if money in the USA.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:12 PM
😝

Quoting JalynSpoon:

Okay.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Boo tar heel!!

Quoting JalynSpoon:

I am & I don't worry about anyone else, just myself.

momngram
by Ruby Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:14 PM

Your aunt is just one of the many people/reasons why others bash christianity.  

If I saw her post on social media I would probably have responded with "oh hell no.  No fucking way"....  and then signed off as, Love your sister in Christ.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:21 PM
I only see Muslim women being covered like that.

Quoting Anonymous 5: What religion is that? If you’re gonna say Islam you will be wrong.

Quoting Anonymous 4: Like people who believe that God forbids women show their faces in public.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:32 PM
Because they choose too. Nothing in Islam says I have to cover my face. It only says to cover our bosom. So technically we do t need to cover our hair.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I only see Muslim women being covered like that.

Quoting Anonymous 5: What religion is that? If you’re gonna say Islam you will be wrong.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:36 PM
In some countries women will face consequences, if they decide not to.
And God tells women to submit to men?
That's why I call it radical, because it's not what the religion says, but how it's being interpreted and implemented in the lifestyle.

Quoting Anonymous 5: Because they choose too. Nothing in Islam says I have to cover my face. It only says to cover our bosom. So technically we do t need to cover our hair.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I only see Muslim women being covered like that.

HHx5
by Gold Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
But aren't you, OP, judging your aunt for judging Christians who cuss? Judging someone is simply making a determination about a person. It can be good or bad. Jesus said to judge righteously and consistently, in other words fairly not unfairly.

Jesus also said to let our yeses be yes and our nos be no. We are not to swear. And like another mom already pointed out, we shouldn't let unclean language out of our mouths. Cuss words are just words. It's the feeling and intent behind the words that are displeasing to God. To let our words rule our thoughts is a form of legalism. Christians are called to be like Christ, following the intent of the law, not the letter of the law. It is why Jesus healed a man on the Sabbath and why we Christians worship on Sunday rather than Saturday.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)