Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is a fat slob and I'm embarrassed

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
She has 5 kids no job leeches off her dh who works over 60 hours a week. She has no ambition to ever work. Claims the kids that range from infant to 13 years old keep her too busy to even work part time. I swear she's going to just pop another one out just to prolong the inevitable.

My friends adult children are successful and my daughter is a lazy woman who keeps having kids.

Also she's not actually overweight and snaps back pretty well after her pregnancies. I just had to get this off my chest. She's 36 and been married since age 18. I wish she had some sort of recognizable accomplishment. I'm so happy to have paid for college that she never used.

Is anyone disappointed with choices an adult child has made? How do you cope?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2018 at 4:58 PM
Replies (231-238):
hart57
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:06 AM
I find it sad your not happy that your dd provides you with 5 beautiful grandkids. That is her accomplishment. She loves being a wife and mother. It’s ok to tell friends that.

merriemoe
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
She’s not leeching off her husband. They’re married it’s their money. And there nothing wrong with staying home and raising your children. That’s ideal actually.
You’re an Asshole
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:56 PM
And I bet those friends who you are comparing your daugter to wish they had some grandkids. Everyone wants something they have no control over.
Littlebunnyfufu
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
When I read this I read in the voice of the lady in the insurance commercial when she says “she sounds hideous”

Quoting redneckmama4: You sound terrible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 102 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 2:07 PM

WOW, you're a piece of work!!

SO WHAT? She stays home to take care of her kids and you're embarrassed??

You don't deserve to ever see those grand kids!! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 103 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 2:08 PM
I've worked off and on throughout my marriage. I only have one child who is 14. I haven't worked now for almost two years. Does she need to work? It depends on the financial situation. But is it really your business?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 104 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:12 PM
Maybe being a wife and mother were her goals? She’s completed them. More than a lot of people can say.

It sounds like you have not fulfilled your goals and ambitions in life and were hoping to live vicariously through your child. Maybe you should work on yourself instead of worrying about whether or not your child has done anything that YOU feel is productive.

Keep in mind, it takes 2 to make a baby. Obviously, her “overworked” husband doesn’t mind or possibly WANTS more children. No matter what, you need a hobby. Hey! Maybe babysit for her regularly, then she might be able to get a hobby of her own, if she wants.

Honestly, some mother you are to be trashing your daughter like this on social media. You must have a miserable life to do such things. Sucks to be you.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Everyone should have goals and ambitions

Quoting Anonymous 3: Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 52 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 8:48 PM

Your daughter being a fat slob is no doubt contingent on your being a fat slob.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)