Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Huge milestone, I broke down and cried!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My 4 year old son says very little, he is in Speech Therapy, Sensory Therapy, Behavior Therapy.  What few words he does say, people seldom understand him, which leads to him getting frustrated and he reacts by hitting himself.

Tonight I told him to go upstairs and play in his room, I said, "see you later alligator".  He said, "I not alligator, I Gabriel".

I'm tearing up typing this.  We are making headway!!! I'm so happy!

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 6, 2018 at 8:58 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome!  Shoot, I'm sure you will welcome even more sassy backtalk! 

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: YESSSSSSSSSSSS GABRIEL!! So proud of your boy!!! The other night my mostly nonverbal 9yo told me “I don’t want water” when I told him to drink his water and go get a bath. Backtalk, yes. But when he barely says any words, and he said a full sentence...I’ll take backtalk.

Shadylady33
by Bronze Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

bowing downI hope he keeps going up!  

MrsDavis2k16
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! It’s amazing! The older he gets, the more words we get. I used to have to say “my nonverbal child”. Now it’s my “mostly nonverbal child”. I wish his old speech therapist could see see him now. She would be so proud. We moved though ugh

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: YESSSSSSSSSSSS GABRIEL!! So proud of your boy!!! The other night my mostly nonverbal 9yo told me “I don’t want water” when I told him to drink his water and go get a bath. Backtalk, yes. But when he barely says any words, and he said a full sentence...I’ll take backtalk.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so amazing, his journey sounds exciting for both of you!  Can you record him and email it to her?

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: Yes!! It’s amazing! The older he gets, the more words we get. I used to have to say “my nonverbal child”. Now it’s my “mostly nonverbal child”. I wish his old speech therapist could see see him now. She would be so proud. We moved though ugh
Quoting Anonymous 1:

MrsDavis2k16
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:30 PM
1 mom liked this
I can probably send it to her on FB, if I can find her. She was amazing. She worked so hard with him. I read you moved and had to start over too. I hope the process goes quickly for you.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is so amazing, his journey sounds exciting for both of you!  Can you record him and email it to her?

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: Yes!! It’s amazing! The older he gets, the more words we get. I used to have to say “my nonverbal child”. Now it’s my “mostly nonverbal child”. I wish his old speech therapist could see see him now. She would be so proud. We moved though ugh

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you.  I hated moving, we are a military family.  DH and I considered me and DS staying and just DH moving so we wouldn't have to start over.  But this school system is better.  But we have decided we won't relocate with him next time.

Quoting MrsDavis2k16: I can probably send it to her on FB, if I can find her. She was amazing. She worked so hard with him. I read you moved and had to start over too. I hope the process goes quickly for you.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Tawneekitn
by on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

That is awesome!  My son was speech delayed and also hard to understand.  So I know how BIG of an accomplishment that is for you little one!  Good for you and good for Gabriel!  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!!!!!!!
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Feb. 6, 2018 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was five when he spoke his first words, “I want” had never sounded sweeter.
littlepinkrose
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks!

Quoting Anonymous 1:

That is what I wish also, like a voice activated recorder that they wear!  LOL

Congrats on your greeting momma!

Quoting littlepinkrose: That's Awesome!!My two yr old says little and is in Speech, Occupational, and Physical therapy. And part of the therapies toddler group.
Yesterday he came up to my face and said Hi! I love it when he actually says something. I get that we don't know when they will say it again.
I wish there was a switch that would record kids talking.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)