Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your reasoning for only showering once a week?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I’ve seen posts where too many people admit to this. What are your reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Replies (181-190):
JezeBellyDancer
by on Feb. 8, 2018 at 6:36 PM

Depends on how dirty I've gotten. In the summer I shower every day, sometimes twice. In the winter, it depends. My apt is cold. I wash quickly at the sink. I wash my hair in the sink. I take a shower 1-3 times a week depending. Americans are too obsessed with bathing.

Twinklesthecat
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 6:37 PM
Lol I have 4 kids under six and I still find the time to shower twice a day even if it means bringing the two youngest to shower with me or getting up at 4am to shower and showering 12am at night.but I was born in the Caribbean and lived there till I was 8 and everyone showered daily because off how hot it is .
Anonymous
by Anonymous 77 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:44 PM
I only wash my hair once every couple weeks and don't shower daily. My hair and skin would be so dry if I did.
Brujaoscura
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:46 PM

My shower habits are none of anyone's business. If my partners have an issue, they will tell me. But I am pretty clean.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 78 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes we Americans are so silly because we like being clean! What does your apartment being cold have to do with not bathing? Just because you don’t sweat doesn’t mean you aren’t getting dirty.

Quoting JezeBellyDancer:

Depends on how dirty I've gotten. In the summer I shower every day, sometimes twice. In the winter, it depends. My apt is cold. I wash quickly at the sink. I wash my hair in the sink. I take a shower 1-3 times a week depending. Americans are too obsessed with bathing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 79 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 7:48 PM
But you don’t feel gross?? I can’t go to bed with the days dirt on me. Yuck.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I shower about once a week when my DH is gone at work for a few weeks. He's not here and I have no one to impress.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 80 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:15 PM

when I was growing up I was allowed one bath in the dirty bath water of my mother and sister (who bathed in that order-4 inches of hot water for my mother, no additional water allowed).  our father got the bath water after me....  our brother showered for 30 minutes EVERY morning and occasionally in the afternoon/evening.  he did track, my sister and I did softball, so we got the same amount of dirty/sweaty but we girls still could not do more than a wet wash cloth between the dirty baths.

I have a hard time now with remembering I am allowed to be clean!  I make sure I get at least one a week.  I shoot for 2.  if I go to the gym I shower definitely (I live 40 minutes from the nearest gym though so a membership is not likely in my future-before I moved we were 15 minutes from a gym and went 2-3 times a week).  I am in fact waiting for the washer to finish to grab a shower as I just delivered 2 baby goats on my farm....  (laundry comes first because I have another goat to kid in a couple days who could conceivably go early and need the towels today). 

but it really is an effort to remember to schedule me a shower!  wonderful things abuse does to you.  my children and husband  shower every 2-3 days or when gross.

momoffour2013
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:19 PM
I am too busy and forget and too tired at night so I go weeks sometimes lol.

No just kidding. I shower atlease every other day.
Mom1127-0125
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:21 PM
I shower daily but my daughter showers 2-3 times per week because she has horribly dry skin and her skin will break open if I bath her more than that.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: I'm doing a lot better now that my depression is under control. I'll still go a day or two without on occasion, but I can manage once a day again most days. For me, it was the aforementioned depression.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 81 on Feb. 8, 2018 at 8:32 PM
Omg, my kids and I bathe every night here. No excuses!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)