Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your reasoning for only showering once a week?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I’ve seen posts where too many people admit to this. What are your reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Replies (191-200):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 8, 2018 at 10:58 PM
Same here. (Born in The Caribbean). We showered daily growing up and I shower daily now. I just don’t understand how people can just be ok with not showering.

Quoting Twinklesthecat: Lol I have 4 kids under six and I still find the time to shower twice a day even if it means bringing the two youngest to shower with me or getting up at 4am to shower and showering 12am at night.but I was born in the Caribbean and lived there till I was 8 and everyone showered daily because off how hot it is .
Boogiefly
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:09 PM

A woman who only showers once a week???? How does their cooch or ass not smell???? Gross!!!

mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Feb. 8, 2018 at 11:17 PM
I bathe/shower 2x a week that is Dr recommended. If you feel you need to bathe more than that just wash under the arms & the nether regions. Anymore and really you dry your skin out which is why people tend to spend a lot for moisturizers. (Lotions, moisturizing soaps etc)
howdah
by on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:36 AM

When I was younger and working, I showered every day. As I got older, and became diabetic, my skin is so dry. I only shower every two to three days in the winter. Also the only heat in my batheroom is a heat lamp, so I have a small heater and it takes quite a while to warm the bathroom enough to shower. In the summer I shower ever other day as I sweat more. I do take sponge baths each day. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:17 AM
Me too

Quoting Pisces_Mom89:

I have to take a shower right before bed everynight. If I dont i feel off and cant comfortably go to sleep.

redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:24 AM

I couldnt shower only once a week. But my skin and hair are dry so I only shower M-W-F during the week. I will shower on T or Th if I have an important meeting or just feel gross in teh morning. On the weekends it depends on what we are doing if I shower one day, both days, or niether day.

Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:27 AM
1 mom liked this
How do you stand to smell yourself? Hygiene isn't to "impress" anyone. What's sad is these disgusting habits are being taught to children.

Quoting Anonymous 5: I shower about once a week when my DH is gone at work for a few weeks. He's not here and I have no one to impress.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I could never live like that....its just NASTY as fuck to me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 82 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:33 AM
There are people who do this but showering too much removes the natural oils on your skin and hair which makes your skin and scalp dry out
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 9, 2018 at 3:39 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)