Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your reasoning for only showering once a week?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I’ve seen posts where too many people admit to this. What are your reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 83 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:45 AM

I couldn’t imagine. I live somewhere where it’s humid 24/7... I have to shower daily.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:05 AM
I shower every other day. If i shower more than that my skin from head to toe gets dry and cracks even with TONS of lotion. Plus you are not supposed to shower daily it keeps your body from being able to build an immune system. There are a few other reason i can't think of off the top of my head but if you Google it you can educate yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Did your children not sleep?
I never understand parents who say they don't have time to shower because of the kids. My kids took several naps as babies and once they got older they were out for a good 2 hours. And they went to bed at least an hour before me. Plenty of time to take a 10 min shower

Quoting Anonymous 74:

I use to shower only once a week when the kids were little and I couldn't get help watching them when I was showering. It really sucked.

Then I started having issues with my skin. So I started showering daily, but any soap I tried agravated my skin. Switched to using a hypoallergenic baby wash & shampoo and the problem quit.

I now shower daily with the baby wash and my skin is perfect.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 6:13 AM
I shower daily but don't wash my hair each time (it is longish and thick).

But I couldn't go very long without bathing.
I wonder if climate makes a difference?? I live in Florida and it gets too hot here to not bathe daily. Wonder if those who shower once a week live in a colder place??
louise2
by Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:54 AM

I shower daily, except for days I do not go anywhere.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 85 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 7:57 AM
I shower every other day
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:00 AM
I highly doubt it. There are so many women on here who say they don’t bathe/shower daily. I’m sure some of them live in warmer climates as well. I find it repulsive if that’s the case.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I shower daily but don't wash my hair each time (it is longish and thick).

I wonder if climate makes a difference?? I live in Florida and it gets too hot here to not bathe daily. Wonder if those who shower once a week live in a colder place??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:04 AM
I’ve educated myself just fine. I’ve spoken to doctors and NONE of them say that it’s detrimental to shower daily. Another commenter noted that some of you live in warmer climates. I can’t imagine not showering daily if you live in places like Florida. My skin gets dry and cracks as well but I would never go a day without washing my ass.

Quoting Anonymous 84: I shower every other day. If i shower more than that my skin from head to toe gets dry and cracks even with TONS of lotion. Plus you are not supposed to shower daily it keeps your body from being able to build an immune system. There are a few other reason i can't think of off the top of my head but if you Google it you can educate yourself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 84 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:09 AM
Well good for you. I love that everyone is free to live their own lives. My dr recommends that i personally shower every other day due to my skin. Everyone is different

Quoting Anonymous 1: I’ve educated myself just fine. I’ve spoken to doctors and NONE of them say that it’s detrimental to shower daily. Another commenter noted that some of you live in warmer climates. I can’t imagine not showering daily if you live in places like Florida. My skin gets dry and cracks as well but I would never go a day without washing my ass.

Quoting Anonymous 84: I shower every other day. If i shower more than that my skin from head to toe gets dry and cracks even with TONS of lotion. Plus you are not supposed to shower daily it keeps your body from being able to build an immune system. There are a few other reason i can't think of off the top of my head but if you Google it you can educate yourself.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:22 AM
It doesn't. I'm in Chicago, the effen Siberia of the United States, and I wash my carcass and hair at least daily. Your body still secretes things in the cold climates, so showering only once a week is just as revolting to think of here as it is in Florida. It's not climate related, it's laziness and poor habits.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I shower daily but don't wash my hair each time (it is longish and thick).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)