Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your reasoning for only showering once a week?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I’ve seen posts where too many people admit to this. What are your reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Replies (211-220):
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:29 AM
Yeah I'm curly too and have never used that as an excuse to not wash my hair. I honestly don't know how anyone can go more than a day. Your hair picks up environmental odors from outside, smoke, etc.

Your scalp secretes oils and has a smell also in addition to what's in the environment.

I literally can't stand to smell old hair. I honestly have no idea how you can stand to smell yourself going nearly a week without shampoo.

Quoting Curlymom234: Uh I shower daily. That doesn’t mean I wash my hair. It gets conditioner daily and a shampoo every 4-5 days. I have curls too

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I shower twice a week. I have curly hair and curls have different care needs than straight hair. If I wash it too much it becomes very dry, brittle and frizzy. On the days I don’t shower, I either take a bath to wash my body or I wipe my body down with a sink full of water and a tiny bit of soap.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:35 AM
LOL
My dad calls it a bird bath. My great aunt used to call it a whorehouse bath...my great aunts were all cards!

Quoting macawoogo: My friend calls it a bird bath

Quoting Robin-Christine: My Mom was a care taker, her client called this a PTA bath,pits,tits,a**

Quoting Anonymous 22: I only wash my hair once a week, but I shower daily although I mostly just wash my pits, under my boobs, my downstairs mix up, and my feet, then slather myself in Ro's Argan. This winter has been hell on my skin.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:38 AM
You were in that deep of a depression that you couldn't wash your ass, but you were still all over sex? Interesting case of depression ...

Quoting Phoenix_lament: It's called unconditional love. :) When I was in the worst of my depression like I'd mentioned, I could go two or three weeks without, but my husband never shied away from me once.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This!! How do their husbands want to be intimate with them when they shower once a week?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I show two to three times per day. Are you ladies married not showering at least once a day? It's soo interesting.

I heard doctors say it's not good for you but culturally I wasn't brought up that way. You need to shower daily. I shower my kids daily.
Valentina327
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:44 AM
I don't think that's stupid at all. I could see it ... It's such a basic thing that it would be frustrating to not be able to do it. Are you doing well now?

Quoting Anonymous 35: That sucks. I went through the process of being treated for MS two years ago. I love showers and remember that was a huge concern. As stupid as that sounds...

Quoting Dzyre1115: I wish I could avoid the shower for a week, and definitely go for as long as possible without one. But I never leave my home without a shower. The reason, my MS makes showering painful, exhausting and debillitating....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 86 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 9:45 AM
I shower 2-3 times a week. But if im lazy, ill take a hookers bath.
Curlymom234
by Flamingo lady on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:03 AM
Oh if it smells I wash it earlier. It’s day 3 hair today and smelled weird. It got washed. Ew

Quoting Valentina327: Yeah I'm curly too and have never used that as an excuse to not wash my hair. I honestly don't know how anyone can go more than a day. Your hair picks up environmental odors from outside, smoke, etc.

Your scalp secretes oils and has a smell also in addition to what's in the environment.

I literally can't stand to smell old hair. I honestly have no idea how you can stand to smell yourself going nearly a week without shampoo.

Quoting Curlymom234: Uh I shower daily. That doesn’t mean I wash my hair. It gets conditioner daily and a shampoo every 4-5 days. I have curls too

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I shower twice a week. I have curly hair and curls have different care needs than straight hair. If I wash it too much it becomes very dry, brittle and frizzy. On the days I don’t shower, I either take a bath to wash my body or I wipe my body down with a sink full of water and a tiny bit of soap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 87 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 10:19 AM

Showering once a week is no more weird that showering 2 or 3 times a day.  I can't imagine what someone does to think they need 3 showers in one day not to mention it's a huge waste of water.  People who take things to extremes always think they have good reasons, even when they don't.

Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Feb. 9, 2018 at 11:41 AM
Where did I say I was all over sex? I honestly wasn't, it was super rare. Sex isn't the only time my husband touches me.

Quoting Valentina327: You were in that deep of a depression that you couldn't wash your ass, but you were still all over sex? Interesting case of depression ...

Quoting Phoenix_lament: It's called unconditional love. :) When I was in the worst of my depression like I'd mentioned, I could go two or three weeks without, but my husband never shied away from me once.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This!! How do their husbands want to be intimate with them when they shower once a week?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I show two to three times per day. Are you ladies married not showering at least once a day? It's soo interesting.

I heard doctors say it's not good for you but culturally I wasn't brought up that way. You need to shower daily. I shower my kids daily.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Well there ya go😜

Quoting Valentina327: It doesn't. I'm in Chicago, the effen Siberia of the United States, and I wash my carcass and hair at least daily. Your body still secretes things in the cold climates, so showering only once a week is just as revolting to think of here as it is in Florida. It's not climate related, it's laziness and poor habits.

Quoting iamcafemom83: I shower daily but don't wash my hair each time (it is longish and thick).

But I couldn't go very long without bathing.
I wonder if climate makes a difference?? I live in Florida and it gets too hot here to not bathe daily. Wonder if those who shower once a week live in a colder place??
Anonymous
by Anonymous 88 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 12:49 PM

I shower twice a week as my scalp gets too dried out if I clean it more often. But, I take a quick bath to clean my naughty and dirty bits every day. So, I think it depends on how you interpret "showering once a week." Also, the elderly sometimes only take a shower once or twice a week because it is too difficult, painful, and/or energy depleting. However, I know most use a wet wash rag or wipes to clean up a bit in between the showers. (I used to work as an assistance careworker for the elderly.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)