Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your reasoning for only showering once a week?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I’ve seen posts where too many people admit to this. What are your reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Replies (221-230):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 74 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:14 PM

My eldest had a sleep disorder that prevented her from sleeping more than 2 hrs at a time. She's 22 and still has issues with this. She's also a night owl from birth so she never slept at night and still doesn't. Her brother has Autism and other issues so he couldn't be left alone.

When we moved into mil house to help her, I had neighbors that saw what was happening and would help me out some.

Quoting Anonymous 84: Did your children not sleep? I never understand parents who say they don't have time to shower because of the kids. My kids took several naps as babies and once they got older they were out for a good 2 hours. And they went to bed at least an hour before me. Plenty of time to take a 10 min shower
Quoting Anonymous 74:

I use to shower only once a week when the kids were little and I couldn't get help watching them when I was showering. It really sucked.

Then I started having issues with my skin. So I started showering daily, but any soap I tried agravated my skin. Switched to using a hypoallergenic baby wash & shampoo and the problem quit.

I now shower daily with the baby wash and my skin is perfect.

Rubberbiscuit
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Not me, I shower everyday. I only wash my hair about twice a week though. When I was a teenager, I spent a summer at my aunts house in rural Pennsylvania. Once a week, an Amish man came to the house to deliver eggs. He smelled really, really bad. My aunt said it was because he only bathed once a week. When I hear of people who wash once a week, I think of him and how stinky he was. Gross.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 89 on Feb. 9, 2018 at 2:33 PM
I shower every other day. If I shower everyday my skin gets so dry.
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:06 PM
The comment was being intimate which is a polite was of saying screwing.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: Where did I say I was all over sex? I honestly wasn't, it was super rare. Sex isn't the only time my husband touches me.

Quoting Valentina327: You were in that deep of a depression that you couldn't wash your ass, but you were still all over sex? Interesting case of depression ...

Quoting Phoenix_lament: It's called unconditional love. :) When I was in the worst of my depression like I'd mentioned, I could go two or three weeks without, but my husband never shied away from me once.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This!! How do their husbands want to be intimate with them when they shower once a week?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I show two to three times per day. Are you ladies married not showering at least once a day? It's soo interesting.

I heard doctors say it's not good for you but culturally I wasn't brought up that way. You need to shower daily. I shower my kids daily.
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:07 PM
LOL

Quoting Curlymom234: Oh if it smells I wash it earlier. It’s day 3 hair today and smelled weird. It got washed. Ew

Quoting Valentina327: Yeah I'm curly too and have never used that as an excuse to not wash my hair. I honestly don't know how anyone can go more than a day. Your hair picks up environmental odors from outside, smoke, etc.

Your scalp secretes oils and has a smell also in addition to what's in the environment.

I literally can't stand to smell old hair. I honestly have no idea how you can stand to smell yourself going nearly a week without shampoo.

Quoting Curlymom234: Uh I shower daily. That doesn’t mean I wash my hair. It gets conditioner daily and a shampoo every 4-5 days. I have curls too

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I shower twice a week. I have curly hair and curls have different care needs than straight hair. If I wash it too much it becomes very dry, brittle and frizzy. On the days I don’t shower, I either take a bath to wash my body or I wipe my body down with a sink full of water and a tiny bit of soap.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:10 PM
Oh okay. For me being intimate includes cuddling, hugging, etc.

Quoting Valentina327: The comment was being intimate which is a polite was of saying screwing.

Quoting Phoenix_lament: Where did I say I was all over sex? I honestly wasn't, it was super rare. Sex isn't the only time my husband touches me.

Quoting Valentina327: You were in that deep of a depression that you couldn't wash your ass, but you were still all over sex? Interesting case of depression ...

Quoting Phoenix_lament: It's called unconditional love. :) When I was in the worst of my depression like I'd mentioned, I could go two or three weeks without, but my husband never shied away from me once.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This!! How do their husbands want to be intimate with them when they shower once a week?

Quoting Anonymous 3: I show two to three times per day. Are you ladies married not showering at least once a day? It's soo interesting.

I heard doctors say it's not good for you but culturally I wasn't brought up that way. You need to shower daily. I shower my kids daily.
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:43 PM
I didn't mean to post this anonymously the first time.. Anywho, I am fine. I never had MS. After putting me through the emotional ringer, I went to a D.O and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I take a pill every day and am feeling great! Thank you for asking.. :)

Quoting Valentina327: I don't think that's stupid at all. I could see it ... It's such a basic thing that it would be frustrating to not be able to do it. Are you doing well now?

Quoting Anonymous 35: That sucks. I went through the process of being treated for MS two years ago. I love showers and remember that was a huge concern. As stupid as that sounds...

Quoting Dzyre1115: I wish I could avoid the shower for a week, and definitely go for as long as possible without one. But I never leave my home without a shower. The reason, my MS makes showering painful, exhausting and debillitating....
hburnette3
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 4:46 PM
Damn, this post is still going. You stink! End of story. Just stay the hell away from me!
Valentina327
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:09 PM
That's phenomenal! You must have been so beyond relieved!

Quoting Momtoone07: I didn't mean to post this anonymously the first time.. Anywho, I am fine. I never had MS. After putting me through the emotional ringer, I went to a D.O and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I take a pill every day and am feeling great! Thank you for asking.. :)

Quoting Valentina327: I don't think that's stupid at all. I could see it ... It's such a basic thing that it would be frustrating to not be able to do it. Are you doing well now?

Quoting Anonymous 35: That sucks. I went through the process of being treated for MS two years ago. I love showers and remember that was a huge concern. As stupid as that sounds...

Quoting Dzyre1115: I wish I could avoid the shower for a week, and definitely go for as long as possible without one. But I never leave my home without a shower. The reason, my MS makes showering painful, exhausting and debillitating....
Momtoone07
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2018 at 5:15 PM
Relieved doesn't even begin to describe it! I was so relieved, but pretty angry that I had been put through the ringer for nothing. I kind of lost faith in the medical community. The worst part about the whole thing wasn't even the battle that I would have had to take on, it was the thought that my son had a higher chance of having MS. That is what destroyed me.

Quoting Valentina327: That's phenomenal! You must have been so beyond relieved!

Quoting Momtoone07: I didn't mean to post this anonymously the first time.. Anywho, I am fine. I never had MS. After putting me through the emotional ringer, I went to a D.O and was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I take a pill every day and am feeling great! Thank you for asking.. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)