Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your reasoning for only showering once a week?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I’ve seen posts where too many people admit to this. What are your reasons?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 7, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 23 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:07 AM
I wash my hair once a week but I shower every other day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:09 AM
1 mom liked this
So do I. Thers shower caps. I shower daily with no issues.

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I shower twice a week. I have curly hair and curls have different care needs than straight hair. If I wash it too much it becomes very dry, brittle and frizzy. On the days I don’t shower, I either take a bath to wash my body or I wipe my body down with a sink full of water and a tiny bit of soap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 24 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:10 AM
Lol I say ass, pits,tits, and lady bits

Quoting Anonymous 22: Lmao! I'm going to use this in the future and no one will get it, but that isn't going to stop me. I mean really, if you're not sweating and covered in dirt does anything else matter when showering daily? I still wash the rest of my body, but only every couple of days.

Quoting Robin-Christine: My Mom was a care taker, her client called this a PTA bath,pits,tits,a**

Quoting Anonymous 22: I only wash my hair once a week, but I shower daily although I mostly just wash my pits, under my boobs, my downstairs mix up, and my feet, then slather myself in Ro's Argan. This winter has been hell on my skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:17 AM
Ewww.

Personal hygiene? If you shower a couple times a week, you can reuse towels.

Quoting Anonymous 20:

I shower once a week and it's because I am leaving the house. If I'm inside all week then why shower? I wash up every day, but to shower all the time means I dry out my aging skin ans use up more towels and clothes. I should also add that I have to go to a laundrymat and well the less I have to wash the better.

FoxTroll
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:20 AM

Because some people have sensitive skin and in most research cases, washing your skin often can cause more damage than good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:20 AM
My moms phrase was "wash all your stinky bits!" Lol

Quoting Anonymous 22: Lmao! I'm going to use this in the future and no one will get it, but that isn't going to stop me. I mean really, if you're not sweating and covered in dirt does anything else matter when showering daily? I still wash the rest of my body, but only every couple of days.

Quoting Robin-Christine: My Mom was a care taker, her client called this a PTA bath,pits,tits,a**

Quoting Anonymous 22: I only wash my hair once a week, but I shower daily although I mostly just wash my pits, under my boobs, my downstairs mix up, and my feet, then slather myself in Ro's Argan. This winter has been hell on my skin.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 26 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:21 AM
My co-workers adult soon just moved in with her with his wife and 2 kids. She set a rule for them to only shower once a week each because it would be too much of an increase on the water bill. And they pay $500 in rent plus food of course.
nanalyn1
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 2:24 AM

every day...Iuse to take 2 a day but my skin got so dry....I wash my hair every other day

ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:06 AM
Quoting Anonymous 24: So do I. Thers shower caps. I shower daily with no issues.

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I shower twice a week. I have curly hair and curls have different care needs than straight hair. If I wash it too much it becomes very dry, brittle and frizzy. On the days I don’t shower, I either take a bath to wash my body or I wipe my body down with a sink full of water and a tiny bit of soap.

I shower with very hot water. It would leave my hair a frizzy mess. Besides, I wash daily. I don’t need to shower daily.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 27 on Feb. 7, 2018 at 9:10 AM

I shower everyday, but wash my hair every 2-3 days. 

I just hate having to fix it after I shower. Hair is naturally curly but it's those weird half matted curls that get all frizzy. I can't find a good solution to make my curls look good so I end up straightening it and that takes about 30 minutes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)